• In the Spotlight:

How do you?

I am a Christian and believe all abortion is murder. But as I was reading another question on abortion, it got me to thinking about the research money that is being spent on animals and how to protect them. The government spends millions of dollars on research to protect the polar bear, but yet deems a human life is essentially worthless. You may be of the opionion that a baby is only human once you can actually see a heart beat or once it is born, but yet kill some microscopic organism that dwells in the ocean and that worries you? I ask you where is the logic in that? When did a human life become worth less than an animals? I know the following is an exaggeration ( maybe ), but will the relentless murder of babies stop, when there's only a few million people left on earth; will they then say," Oh, look people are now the endangered species, we better start protecting them."

izyandchrismomi

Asked by izyandchrismomi at 10:21 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Good post, it's all about control I suppose.
    Abortion has always existed in every society from the beginning of thoughts a woman had as to how she would destroy the life inside her. I have history books I bought from antique shops that have instructions inside on how and how much kerosene to drink ( during the depression) to induce an abortion. The issue, I think, is now how much tax money is being spent on it and how easily it will be accessible to even children.
    Population control has always been at the forefront of socialism, communism and facism.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• i agree with you 100%.... well said :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• This is an apples and oranges argument. You have to stop and think about what happens to eco-systems when they become imbalanced through lack of predators, or not enough predators, etc. This world that we've been given- it all works together and relies on a balance. I believe that God asked us to protect and nourish it as our first 'job'. We aren't doing that to the best of our abilities, and without that precious balance, we'll also endanger ourselves.

Now- I'm a pro-life person, but I consider ALL life in that equation. This argument of 'aren't humans more important' isn't going to convince people who are pro-choice. You're just going to start a verbal wrestling match. Find a middle ground. You aren't doing that with this post.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Interesting to note, but abortion has always happened whether legal or not. For the most part, it has a lot to do with economy. If a woman feels threatened in any way- she probably won't want to go through with the pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• There is no middle ground when people are perfectly happy and fine with even those as young as 13 going off to have an abortion without the parents knowing.When too many feel there should be no restrictions at all on abortions say not after a certain amount of weeks.I think they are allowed to go on at too late in as it is.Of course I don't think they should happen period.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Any age under 18 is taking rights away from the parents.You have no right to know if your child is having such a nasty procedure done and something could go wrong too.Yet in any other case parents are fully responsible for their children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Personally, I am also a Christian and I believe that it isn't a life until it breathes (according to the orginal hebrew version of the Bible). I also believe that it is so important for every child to be fiercely loved. I despise the horrible crimes that are commited against babies and children. The baby who is put in the microwave or the one who is starved to death on the front porch in an old baby swing... THOSE are the things we should be concentrating on stopping.

As far as humans being important, we are only a small piece of the world and it's delicate balance. Just because we are the most advanced does NOT make us the most important.

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:36 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• ''There is no middle ground when people are perfectly happy and fine with even those as young as 13 going off to have an abortion without the parents knowing.When too many feel there should be no restrictions at all on abortions say not after a certain amount of weeks.I think they are allowed to go on at too late in as it is.Of course I don't think they should happen period.''

Apparently you didn't comprehend my entire post. STOP tearing apart other moral issues to favor your ONE.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• LOVE THIS POST, THANK YOU
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:43 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I was saying there is no real middle ground and I doubt there ever will be.When people think it is A ok for little girls to abort a baby without the knowledge of a parent something is just off real off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Apr. 21, 2009