spitting up...

Is it normal for my four week old to spit up after each bottle?(Quite a bit)I am formula feeding him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes it normal. Some babies are known for it. Try feeding the baby slower and burping more often. Sit the baby up a little more to decrease the air intake.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:24 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• What do you mean by "quite a bit"? If its most of what they are eating, then it may be reflux or a reaction to the formula. If thats the case I would take the baby to the dr, if its reflux they have meds that will help.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:25 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• with my son, i would have to burp him half way through his feeding, cause he was a "chucker" but he ate SO fast like he was a starving child lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:32 AM on Apr. 21, 2009