Do you ever try facial products only to find out it does not work?

I mean what is the best thing out there that you can really say it is making a difference?

1. What kind of soap/cleanser do you use for your face?

2. What kind of moisturizer do you use for day and night?

I have tried L'Oreal, Aveeno, Victoria Principal, Pro-Active I mean you name it ...of course I finish all this then I buy something else but man it gets so expensive after a while. What do you recommend with good results? Thank You.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I try to switch it up. I just got off of Clearasil line and now I use the Neutrogena face bar of soap (I heard it has less chemicals than liquid soap) and I have the astringent and mosturizer. Just try a few products for 2 weeks. If you don't see results and you have a rountine after 4 weeks ditch it for something new. I usually go to the travel size products and try out the face washes or the lotions. It's cheaper and you don't have to commit to using the whole big bottle if you don't like it.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 2:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I tried to just buy over the counter but I have found that only 2 products work on my face.
    Mary Kay's Timewise Cleanser and Moisturizer for Combination to Oily Skin
    Proacative when I was younger but eventually it stopped working.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• And the two Mary Kay products cost $40 but its still cheaper than buying product after product that don't work. Then trying to use makeup to conceal the blemishes...
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:03 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• girl ive had the same problem to tell you the truth... i tried pro-Activ and it was great for the first use then my face got ammune to it and didnt work anymore.. NOW i am on Skinid you have to order it offline but it is wonderful and it askd u all types of questions just for your type of skin, i have oily skin that gets dry easy if that makes any sense anyway its just for your type of skin,, try it and let me know how it does for you.. it comes with a cleanser, and a set that stays on and a mositurizer.. it also comes with a spot treatment only if you need it for certain pimples and it goes away within 24 hours not kidding.. let me know please how it works for you.. go to skinid.com
    NewLady1

Answer by NewLady1 at 5:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I use oil of olay gentle foaming face wash with aloe for sensitive skin, it's 100% fragrance and dye free and my friend uses it and she likes it too. I use clinique toner and moisturizer and make-up and since I've used it my skin is not dry anymore or I don't have break outs or anything anymore. All my friends and my mom use all clinique stuff too and they loved it, and they have different face wash and make-up and everything based on your skin type

charrenee

Answer by charrenee at 10:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Tried ProActive and it didn't work, dried my face out so bad that it felt like my face was burned. I use Neutrogena Foaming Face Wash and it works great. I sometimes use Yves Medicated Peach Scrub. For moisturizer, I use MaryKay that is for sensitive skin.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I sell and love Avon products. My customers never complain that they don't like the products. I'm assuming you have acne problems and by your post. I use and love the Clearskin Proffesionals acne kit. It made a huge difference on my face when nothing else was working and the facial wash leaves your skin feeling so fresh! If you'd like to try it go to www.youravon.com/dhullum and use code fsany for free shipping. GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:36 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Find out what skin type you are and find out exactly what kind of results you are looking for, the worst thing you can do to your skin is mixing different products on your face, it's harsh on your face and may cause further problems much later. when using a skin care product, the skin type you have whether it be combo/oily or normal/dry has a lot to do on what kind of products you use and what is best for your skin. This is something I continuously preach about to my customers and anyone else that is interested in skin care. if any more questions email me

www.marykay.com/marie.reeves
    Marykay_usmc

Answer by Marykay_usmc at 11:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I agree with the PP. Find your type and the results you are looking for and find one brand and use their cleanser and moisturizer. You can't make a cake with 3 people's recipes :-) Also, it takes two weeks or more for your skin to get used to a new product. You can't judge results on a one time trial. Mary Kay has a 100% guarantee on ALL of their products. What worked best for me was their Velocity Line (for acne prone skin) It was like a miracle! Once I became a consultant I switched to the age fighting Timewise line and it has been great! It is considered "pricey" by some but it will take 3-4 months to use it all up...that is under $1 a day! Hope that you find what you are looking for! :-)
    almemoore

Answer by almemoore at 5:19 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• One word ARBONNE! 45 days guarantee and you will see results way before that. You can try it for free at home. Let me know
    AImom

Answer by AImom at 10:32 AM on May. 7, 2009