Curious as to what verse says that the serpent that told Eve to eat the apple was "Satan"?

Which verse says that it is?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It actually never says "Satan".
    You can read the whole thing here : http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=genesis%203
    It uses the term "serpent", but never says it was satan.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:30 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I know....that is why I was asking. People alwys say "satan/the devil" made Eve eat the apple and I wanted the verse that proves that theory. I read it as just being a serpent that told her to eat it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I'm curious too . . . maybe there's one in one of the later books that says that, and I'm missing it . . . ?
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:38 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Question: "Was Satan the serpent in Genesis chapter 3?"

Answer: Yes, the serpent in Genesis chapter 3 was Satan. Satan was either appearing as a serpent, possessing the serpent, or deceiving Adam and Eve into believing that it was the serpent who was talking to them. Serpents / snakes do not possess the ability to speak. Revelation 12:9 and 20:2 both describe Satan as a serpent. “He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years” (Revelation 20:2). “The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him” (Revelation 12:9).
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 10:39 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Just because Revelations refers to Satan as a serpant, does not prove that it was Satan who talked to Eve in the Garden, now does it? What if a Jewish person asked this question and you could only use the old testement to answer it, would you be able to?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:00 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• That's a very good point, IhartU - and one that I was thinking as well.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 11:40 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I know this doesn't really "fit," but I found this website. It offends me as a Christian lol, but I'm going to share it because I know some of you may enjoy it. Now stop calling me closed-minded lmao j/k :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• People are going to hate me for this, but Adam and Eve are just a story for us based on how we are all sinners. Because the first woman on the planet took a bite out of the forbidden fruit(the fruit being temptation) is the reason human beings have suffered their whole lives.
    Anonymous

• IhartU did you not read that part that says: Serpents / snakes do not possess the ability to speak. so then it must have been Satan. What else make the serpent speak?
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 12:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• That was before the bite. I also have never seen someone cure blindness and raise from the dead.
    Anonymous