What have you done today?

I am taking a sick day cause of a sore throat (I don't get paid, I am student teaching so after a night of waking up every time I swallowed I decided to send kids to school and tke a day- also I have finished the actual "teaching/planning" portion of my term and am just waiting to graduate so today would have been observation)

anyway- I clicked on a link for flylady.net and discovered her cleaning techniques for crisis cleaning (my house needs help btw I have been busy with school and everything)

I rotate every 15 minutes between kitchen-living room- bathroom then a 15 min break (which is why I'm here) and it's actually fun, like a game... i am trying to beat the clock and get everything done but I am not getting worn out on any one room. Right now I am actually looking forward to moving back into the kitchen in the next 15 mins...

btw I absolutely despise cleaning in any form- so making it fun is really helping...

LuckyClown

Asked by LuckyClown at 10:44 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Today, I have done 4 loads of laundry, folded them all and hung them up in the closets they go into. I have 2 loads of baby clothes to go through and put into bins waiting on the arrival of our new little member still! I have all hardwood flooring and tile in my house, so I swept and mopped like usual. Vacuumed my area rugs, dusted, did all dishes and put them away, gave my daughter a bubble tub as she calls it! Now I have to go in the basement grab our old 10 gallon fish tank since our convicts just had their babies.. so I need to clean that and get it all set up, for when they turn into fry! That pretty much sums up my day in a short story! I'm just hoping for nice weather! I live in the UP and so far it was just 77 degrees a couple days ago, now within the past 2 days we have gotten over a foot of snow and expecting to get at least 5 more inches... ugh... I'm soo sick of this snow! Have a good day!!

ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 4:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I have done 2 loads of laundry with the 3rd in now. Cleaned the kitchen, washed the bottles, mopped the floor, cleaned 2 of the 3 bathrooms as my husband can clean his own. I have dusted the whole house and now can vacuum as my daughter is awake and I watered the grass. I've also been up since 6:30 am and horrible OCD so that is just the start of the day as it all has to be done again.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:50 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• ive some what cleaned my kitchen but not really lol i cant get motivated today and usually i dont mind cleaning. its such a blah day out i dont feel like doing anything.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:51 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• argh ok after round 2 my back is a lil sore and I am just a little more aware of how badly my house really needs to be decluttered...lol I think though that one more round will take care of the living room so then I can go back and forth between the bathroom and kitchen...

here is my list cause if I tell someone then maybe it'll make me have to do it... root me on momma's
    Kitchen- wipe down counters
    - sweep, mop floor
    - clean kid stuff off table
    - and if I still feel ambitious clean off top of fridge (but where to put the stuff?)

Bathroom- scrub toilet
    -organize cabinet and throw away---uh---everything- there's no room for my clean towels
    - sweep and mop

living room- -finish dusting
    -organize besk
    -make hubby take out storage- been there since Christmas (it's behind couch so we never use that space but dangit it looks bad)
    -pick up table I knocked over in frisration
    -clean dragon's atrium
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 11:52 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• oh yeah and scrub shower... that hasn't been done in an embarassing amount of time.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 11:53 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I took a nap. And went to the doctor. Then went to my son's school, but misses the picnic. Went back to get my prescriptions. Came home. I need to clean some, so I don't fall back asleep. I wish there was a pill for those of us that hate cleaning, I know I need one!!
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 2:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• If you find those pills BUffie95 please let me know!! I need a lifetime subscription of those!! DESPERATELY! HAHA
    firstXmomTX

Answer by firstXmomTX at 4:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• well I finished my list. I have gotten more done today than I have in the past three months combined... now I really want to get a good massage lol... my 6 year old is back from school so she is brushing my hair for me- about as close to the spa as I get lol

oh, failed to get hubby to take out storage. and failed to clean dragons atrium- that is gonna be hubby's job too.. it smells too bad for a pregger mommy
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 4:18 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• OMG I cant' get motivated at all, I'm usually good to get things done, now my husbands picking up the slack and I'm hearing it from him cuz he's working. I think I'm taking advantage of him...LOL
    mackk

Answer by mackk at 5:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• yeah the other day my husband got a lil tiffy cause he folded the laundry and I didn't put it away right away... I was like-- oh I'm sooo achy and tired...being pregnant made me lazy... but it worke dfor me today

so that's the trend today- people are either feeling very unmotivated, or getting everything done...lol...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 7:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2009