this is what i think what about you?

my dh and i are looking for a house and we have called realtors we have looked in the paper and we have taken days and just driven around. what kills me is the number of houses that just sit empty around here and are not up for sale or rent. i think that if you are a home owner and you have a house that has sat empty for a time that you should have to put it on the market or up for rent what do you think?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 10:48 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LoL.. it doesn't make sense to me the ones that just let their houses sit empty. However we have a few around here that are like that... but they are waiting to be put of for foreclosure. Which can take a few years.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:50 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• yes I agree have you wrote down the address and went down to your Auditor or looked online at the Auditors website to see who owns one that you might want to buy my ex's brother did that to buy houses to rent before I hope you find one soon !!!!!!!! Good Luck

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 10:51 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• are the houses not up for forecloser? when your time is up, you have to evacuate and then it looks emply. SAD
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:51 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I agree. Nobody wants a empty house in there neighborhood. You should check on those houses though, because they might not have a sign on them but, a bank might own them now due to foreclosure. Good luck to you and I hope you find the house of your dreams.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:53 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• ive called about a couple of them found out who the owner is and called and they are just not doing anything with them. its crazy to me.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:54 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Become a squatter! lol, jk
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I agree...if its just gonna sit empty might as well try and make a buck AND help out a needy family who would love and care for it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:04 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I always heard the term "squatters rights" do squatters actually have rights...... if so, I'm moving into the place we just leased TODAY... hell wouldn't they have to evict me so that I could move in... since I'm both the squatter and the tenant. teeheehee.

Sorry.... long morning. I think it's a shame, but then you don't really know why it's empty with no sign or anything.... across the alley from my Maamaw is a house been sitting vacant for two months... no sign. But I just happen to know the woman who owned it (buying it) was killed in an accident about a year ago... her SO and/or grown daughter let the house go back. SO I guess it's waiting on foreclosure paperwork or something... but like I said, you never know why it's just sitting there.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:38 AM on Apr. 21, 2009