I am overdue, what are some things I could do to bring on labor?

I am very uncomptfortable and wish to get labor going, please offer tips on how to do so.

YoungenProud

Asked by YoungenProud at 10:51 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Acupressure
    youngmom3525

Answer by youngmom3525 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• sex and walking. Your body wont respond to anything unless it and your baby are ready but sex and walking may help things move along. Also, relax and take baths, don't focus on labor etc.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:53 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• your baby will come when it is the right time. Walking helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Sex, walking, more sex, more walking. Go outside and mow your yard, that what I did, and the baby came in about 12 hours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Nipple stimulation might work .

Anonymous

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• red rasberry leaf tea, caster oil, spicey foods, walking, and the best one ive heard is sex cuz the sperm is supposed to soften the cervix. none of that stuff worked for me (well i didnt get to try the last one cuz my husband was in iraq) but good luck to you! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 12:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• All of the above!!! I ate pizza and pineapple the day before I went into labor, both things I was told would help! Pizza because of the grease I guess. Fresh pineapple too. I also heard balsamic vinager helps to start contractions. I would cut up some cucumbers and tomatoes and pour a little balsamic vinager over it , let it sit for about 30 mins and eat up! So yummy!
    Anonymous

• I hula danced and walked A LOT! Lol Hope this helps
    BrittLawless

Answer by BrittLawless at 12:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• pressure point between ur big toe and the next one. some say it hurts some so maybe it will help. Or a pedicure. Vaccuming, walking up and down the stairs
    Anonymous