how do i kick my brother out of my apt.

so my big bro has been living with me since my dh went to bct. he has been out of a job for about a month(he quite). i told him last night that he had to move by the end of the month, then he said that he was getting a job with his gfs dad. so i feel really bad about kicking him out but i just dont want him here anymore. so how do i stick to the whole kicking him out by the end of the month and not let him talk his way into staying longer. if you have anymore questions about this u can read my journal called "i dont know what to do anymore". well please help with anything u can help with. sory i dont know where to but this question so i hope this is where someone will see it.

cowgirl856

Asked by cowgirl856 at 10:52 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Make a list of all the reasons you want him out, even the trivial ones like he doesn't put the seat down or he doesn't rinse the sink after he shaves, and everytime you start going "man I want him but I don't know if I can do it" go back to that list.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:56 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Keep reminding him that his day to leave is coming up. why can't he stay with his girlfriend? If he is close enough to her, that her dad will give him work, then why can't he stay with her? You don't have to be rude, you can be very friendly about it. If he has a job, then it wont be too long before he can find a place. Just stick to your plan, tell him there is no talking his way out of it, & that you did all you could do to help him. Just keep saying "two more weeks" or "you got ten more days, find a place yet?" You can't enable him either, kicking him out will probably be the best thing for him. Just keep throwing it out there so he gets the picture, he should understand.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:59 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• is he on your lease? that could be a tool you can use, say management has mentioned that you have an unauthorized resident in your apt, and that he must leave.
    pammd

Answer by pammd at 11:17 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• You've already told him the deadline... he's awaare of it so there's no reason for you to worry until that day arrives. I'd start offering to help him get his things ready to move, or to go apartment/house hunting with him. And if he says "but sis I've got nowhere to go" then you say, "you've had plenty of time, and living together isn't working and I'm afraid it's going to end up ruining our relationship and I don't want that at all".
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• thanks for all the tips i really hope they work
    cowgirl856

Answer by cowgirl856 at 12:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Actually, you let him in so it's his home now and you have to formally evict him if he doesn't want to leave. you can't just throw him out. However, if you give him a deadline and he does leave then it's all good.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:33 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Someone I can commiserate with! LOL My mom and little bro (who is 20) live in my basement. Both of them work......I think I may have to turn into a b***h before they understand that it is time to move out. My time for helping you is past. Help yourselves! Me and my husband sometimes joke that we are a halfway house for our friends and family. Whenever someone needs a place to crash, we let them. We don't help out monetarily, just a place to rest your head. But this is the first time I have ever felt that I am being used. And this is my mom. I should not feel this way cause she raised me, but in that teaching, she also taught me to be strong and INDEPENDENT. Pot calling the kettle, right? They way I am beginning to see it, and maybe you should look at it this way too, is they are healthy, have a job and can afford they're own bills. Why should I feel bad for those things they have that many other people don't?
    thefiremanswife

Answer by thefiremanswife at 10:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2009