colleges push for tuition aid for illegal immigrants...what do you all think?

I think its a disgrace...I'm working my ass off to get my son through college if anyone needs aid its people like us hard working people and people are legal and US citizens I'm so tired of the govt. giving aid to people who don't deserve it...I'm so pissed..I wrote my congressman , senator and governor it's just not fair

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree its not fair. If they want to go to college they should do it the way the rest of us are, either have a ton of debt, or work their butts off and pay for it. Why give money to people who are not supposed to even be here when so many of us can't even go to school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• This is wrong!! tuition is for the citizens. We the people need to fight back.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:05 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• UMMMMMMMMMM Is this for real? Is there a link? Im googling this bullcrap.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 11:07 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Personally, I think that it is sad that some children who came here very young-not citizens are going through our educational system believing that they will have that opportunity only to find out that they are not going to get the chance. It is not just a matter of funding, but illegal citizens can't get an education here whether they get assistance or not.

I think that it is a shame for a child to do their best in school thinking that they will get to go to college only to find that they won't. We are going to be seeing a large population of "americanized" young adults that will not be able to get college educations. What are they supposed to do...go back to mexico or south america where their parents are from? Where there is nothing there for them??

But I call bs on this post too.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 11:12 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I saw it in the El Paso times...elpasotimes.com it's ridiculous
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• It is called the Dream Act.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D97MT9600.htm

My opinion.........................angry    Gosh, we still have HUNGRY American kids.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:16 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

one key word here ILLEGAL..............................................................................
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:17 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• one key word here ILLEGAL

And your point????? They are not eligible to go to college-so they won't be getting any funds. So you guys can RELAX. We have parents here who don't push their kids to do better-then you see some of these young kids who are "illegal" wanting to better themselves and are denied.

There is no simple solution to this problem.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 11:19 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Yeah, illegal immigrants is what pisses me off.. We have millions of LEGAL citizens who cannot afford to go to college, yet they want to give the ILLEGALS a leg up first? WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS DAMN COUNTRY. I need a breather, this post made my anxiety shoot through the roof.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 11:20 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• AND-these kids are allowed into our educational system-KNOWING that they are legal!!!!

So, we'll give 'some' education....system is broken, period.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 11:20 AM on Apr. 21, 2009