without using bleach??

Does anyone know how I can get my whites nice and white without using bleach?? I want to do it all natural. I have well water and it makes my whites a off white color. I' ve tried vinger and baking soda but its not working unless Im not doing it right...

my4kids97

Asked by my4kids97 at 10:58 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Baking soda mix with peroxide is a great way to whiten teeth, and remove stains from clothes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Try OxyClean
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:05 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Washing soda - you can get it in the laundry aisle of the grocery store. Just add a 1/2 to full cup to your wash load and it will get your stuff nice and bright. Washing soda is similar to baking soda, except it is more caustic/alkaline, which is why it cleans better.

Another option is Borax, also available in the laundry aisle at your local grocery store and/or Walmart. Borax is a natural mineral that boosts the cleaning power of your laundry detergent as it brightens everything. Both the washing soda and the Borax have other household uses too, so you can clean naturally everywhere.

If you google washing soda and borax, you'll find lots sites that offer ways to use both in the home.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• white dye :)
    Now that will get your whites white.
    Anonymous

• I absolutely LOVE to use Borax on my laundry!
    It really improves the look and smell of fabrics.
    For tough stains, though, I prefer to pretreat them with the Oxi spray.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:57 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I always use vinegar in my softener dispenser (except in the winter). I think that equals about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of vinegar per load. My clothes are much cleaner and whiter, but it doesn't equal to the whiteness of bleach.
    garfanatic

Answer by garfanatic at 4:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2009