Where do you do it?

I put this in relationships even though the question is in regard to the well being of the baby. I know a lot of parents, myself included, who's child sleeps in the same room as them. With the child asleep across the room, do you consider yourself free to have sex? Obviously nothing too wild, you wouldn't want to wake the little bambino, but I fail to see the harm in enjoying the pleasures of matrimony only slightly out of sight of my child. It took a year to come to this conclusion, there was at first a big creepy factor of course but if he is asleep in his bed and we are not disturbing him I don't see what the problem is. So what is your take on things? Where do you do it? Surely every second child that is conceived by parents who share a room with their first child is not conceived over the back of the couch or in the shower?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• We did it in the same room for a time, but by the age of 6 months or so we didnt any more. but that was because he was moved to his own roomafter that. I think though igf you share a room long term that by the time they can sit up on their own or stand up in a crib it is time to stop doing that. And ifyouare tryint o have another baby why dont you move into a bigger house first?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I've done it. I didn't see anything wrong with it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:02 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Yea, having a baby in the same room as hubby and I would be a major "cock block". I dont' see anything wrong with it morally, but hub and I wouldn't have been able to enjoy eachother with our kids in the same room as us.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:04 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• It just seemed wrong to us so we did it in other rooms of the house. The couch was a good one, we put blankets down on the living room floor (hardwood floors) and had a fun time there too. Sex isn't just for a bed, it can happen anywhere. But for us, it was just wrong to have sex with a baby in the room. We wouldn't have sex with another adult in the same room so a baby isn't much different.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 11:05 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I honestly don't see anything wrong in it. Even if they do wake up or something it's not like they are going to know what is going on. When they start getting older is when I have a problem with it, especially when they are starting to talk and all they want to do is ask questions. Ex. "Mommy, what is Daddy doing to you? Is he hurting you?" etc. would kind of ruin the moment and be really awkward. I think with the baby sleeping it's fine but if the baby is up and needs to be taken care of than of course that would definitely not be a good time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I see nothing wrong with it, IF they are in their own bed, but as soon as they can stand up and start peeking, out the room they go...
    2007Mom1969

Answer by 2007Mom1969 at 11:33 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I think as long as the baby is sleeping, its fine.
    youngmom3525

Answer by youngmom3525 at 11:43 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• we do it while the big kids are at school and little ones are napping.
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 12:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• The children have their own rooms and have since soon after they were born. We do it mostly in the matrimonial bed but also anywhere else where we have privacy when we feel we want to do it.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Our children don't sleep in the same room as us. But when they were newborns they did for a while. It's not a big deal to me as long as they are too small to understand.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 21, 2009