Can anyone help with this?

My due date is May 16th (which matches with my conception date) of August 23rd-24th. But it doesnt match up with my LMP. My LMP was Aug 18th (I ovulated early) Week one of my pregnancy starts with August 9th, so I don't understand the extra two weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 2weeks conception
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 11:04 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• what?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• August 9th was when you ovulated I'm guessing. I'm a little confused on your question though.... idk sorry
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• The count 40 weeks from the first day of your last period, not the first day of conception or ovulation, and not by your first missed period. So, the first day you started bleeding on your last period, is technically day 1 of pregnancy. Does that make sense now??
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 11:39 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• yeah, except day one ISNT when i had my period...my period was aug. 18th. not the 9th. and my due date is the 16th...not the 25th like my LMP suggests.
    Anonymous

• Well, if you ovulated on Aug. 23- 24, then if you hadn't gotten pregnant, you would have had a much shorter cycle. Based off that, your due date is correct. If you ovulated on Aug 23-24, that would have been day 5 or 6. Luteal phase (the time between ovulation and your next period) is usually 14 days, so that means you would have had a 19-20 day cycle. If you go to this preg. calculator: http://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-due-date-calculator and put in the date of your LMP and a 20 day cycle, it gives you a due date of May 17th. That's a day off, but all docs use different methods figuring due dates. So, if you knew that's when you ovulated, they probably took that into account when figuring your due date. Or, if you usually have that short of a cycle, that would explain it too. Not everyone is exactly 40 weeks, it depends on the normal length of your cycle too. If you're concerned, ask your doc how he/she figured it
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 7:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2009