how many achually go sleep or share the same room as there child?

And how old are your children you sleep or share a room with? Have they ever slept in there own room or bed? I don't co sleep or share a room with either my kids the only time I shared a room is when they were in a basinet that was it and never co slept because I was afraid of hubby rolling on them he is a big guy I was just curious to see how many sleep with there child in the same room or same bad. If you do this and your child is old enough to know what is going on how do you and your hubby/SO do anything? I am not here to bash anyone I am just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• WE'RE LOOKIN' FOR A HOUSE SO MEANWHILE WE LIVE IN MY SIS BASEMENT (1 BIG ROOM). IT'S VERY DIFF. B'CAUSE WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR OUR KIDS TO GO TO SLEEP TO HAVE SEX. SOMETIMES WE TO GO TO D BATHROOM. MY KIDS R 9 AND 4 YRS. OLD SO YEAH WE HAVE TO B VERY QUIET (HATE IT). HOPEFULY WE'LL GET OUR OWN PLACE SOON!!
    COOKY81

Answer by COOKY81 at 11:09 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Before you start bashing, learn how to spell.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• did you not here what I said?? I said I wan NOT HERE TO BASH at all I was just curious to know how many achually do this............
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I co-slept for a month. Then I moved her to a cradle next to my bed, and at 3 months we switched her to her crib in her own room.

Our compromise for co-sleeping is that when my SO gets up in the morning if she wakes up she gets to come to bed with me for the rest of the morning (usually from about 5am-7am).
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:14 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I sleep in the same room as him. For now. When we can better afford for a two bedroom we will get one. If we want to have sex, its ONLY at night, after SO gets off of work and its in the living room, kitchen, bathroom, wherever we feel we want to do it. My son is going to be three next month. Oh and in the mornings he wakes up around 5 or so and comes into bed with us on my side and sleeps with us till about 8-10 depending on when he fell asleep. It's nice waking up next to both my boys, AND having the luxury of falling asleep comfortably. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:17 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Oh, forgot to say, last year for about six months we were in low income housing and had a two bedroom, and he had his own room then. So it's not like the ENTIRE time we have had to take our sex elsewhere =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:19 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• My son is 8 1/2 months old. He sleeps with us some nights, but most nights he sleeps in his own room. I moved him into his own room at about 5 months. Until then he slept in a bassinet sort of thing right next to my side of the bed. Occasionally I'd pull him into bed with me then too. I don't know if I am doing things right by going back and forth, but he seems equally comfortable in both places right now.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• We share a room with our 2yr old. It's a temporary thing and at our old house he had his own room from 9 months until we moved out. We just wait until he is asleep or has a sleep over with grandma and grandpa.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Heck no!
    The only time my kids are in bed with me are when they wake up with nightmares.
    The only child who shared our room was my youngest for the first couple of months. This was only because we didnt want him sharing a room with one of his older brothers cuz we didnt want him waking them up. Now he shares and has great fun doing so.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Emi is 6 months and we bed-share. Have since birth. I just got her a crib and it's side carred but she still sleeps in my bed the second half of the night.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 12:14 PM on Apr. 21, 2009