My daughter is 8months and won't sleep thru the night, how can i train her to?

all of my friends that have babies around my daughters age, sleep the whole night, how come my daughter won't what am i doing wrong?

meganandtony

Asked by meganandtony at 11:16 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Start waking her up at the same time every morning, then limit naps.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 11:18 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• My daughter is 10 months, and finally the last two nights she has been sleeping through the night. I just let her fuss when she gets up in the night and she usually falls back asleep. I've given her teething tablets a couple times too. I'm sure that's what's bothering her in the night. Maybe your daughter is teething too.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 11:19 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• letting her sleep too much during the day doesnt help keep her up a little longer during the day. dont let her sleep after 5pm and she should sleep through the night. Once you get her into a schedule you MUST be consistent. NO oversleeping for her. good luck
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 11:20 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Are you feeding her anything solid for dinner to keep her full through the night? Are you making sure she doesn't take a nap too close to bed time?

She could be teething, she could be growing, or she could just be on a schedule that you unknowingly made for her. Are you feeding her every time you go in when she wakes up? At 7 months old my daughters pedi said that they don't NEED to eat in the middle of the night anymore at that age, but that we as parents offer food the first thing and get them into a routine of waking up to eat even though they don't actually need/want it.

Is she waking up because she loses her pacifier? Thats normal, but she should be going right back to sleep afterward. That will stop when you ween her from the paci and teach her to self-sooth.

There are many things that could keep your daughter up. Its a really hard thing to pin-point. But its not something you are doing wrong. It takes time.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:21 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I don't have any kids but I do have nieces and nephews and all my friends have kids and I know quite a few whose baby did not sleep thru the nite until they were like 18 mo.

Your baby is an individual and will do things differently from your friend's kids. If you are really concerned talk to your doctor. I don't think you are doing anything wrong, as long as your child is happy and healthy and meeting all the other milestones.

Like I said I don't have any children but I have ttc for a long time and I have done a lot of research. I think your daughter is fine.
    KacieJo

Answer by KacieJo at 11:21 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Well try waking her up at 7:30 every morning and then limit her to 2 naps a day one at 11:00 and another at 2:00 then put her to bed at 9:00 and she should sleep through the night!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• You're not doing anything wrong, and your daughter is not out of the norm. Night waking is totally normal, even until age 2.

Read The No Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 1:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2009