Judge of a pagaent calls her a C**T and a B***H for stating her personal beliefs.

Do you think this type of degrading of Americans for stating their beliefs is hurting our culture? What if someone were to use their "status" to call pro-SSM Ellen a C**T or a B**CH? Do you think there would be backlash?
Do you think this judge calls Obama or Clinton these harsh names for bascially agreeing with Ms. CA.
Does anyone else feel like you are allowed to have an opinion, AS LONG as it matches with the sqeakiest wheel on all sides?
This isn't about pagaents. This is about asking someone their opinion, then degrading them for having a differing opinion.
Do you want your child to have an opinion and believe in it, or do you want your child to hide their belief for fear of being ridiculed?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1172123/God-testing-faith-says-Miss-California-Perez-Hilton-calls-dumb-bitch-gay-marriage-row.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm on the other side of the issue from the girl, and I think the judge was completely inappropriate for handling this the way he did. Blame should be on his head, not hers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Ugh multiple times this has been posted.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• It's not like he said it to her face, it's Perez Hilton for gods sakes. He says that about everyone and their mother--he's a gossip columnist! Secondly her "opinion" is ignorant--but I would have maybe at least respected it if she wasn't too stupid to form a complete sentence while she was trying to express herself.

aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 11:21 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Op here

I didn't know it had been posted multiple times. My computer is slow (dialup). So I didn't check all questions asked today. I just got off work and heard it on the radio. Sorry, but just ignore it, if you are tired of answering.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• aurorabunny

Wow, because she doesn't answer the question to your liking she is ignorant? Is that fair to judge her when you don't know her? She WAS ASKED HER OPINION, wasn't she?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• What she said didn't even make sense. It was a jumble of ums, uhs, and contradictory grammar. She knew she was going to be asked questions in the pageant--she should have practiced not being a moron.

aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 11:25 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• To each their own.
    Yes, it was just Perez H., but he was part of the panel. Why ask a question with such political and emotional ties, unless you are trying to make a statement. He is the IGNORANT one, not her. And I am for ssm. He just dumbed himself down a few notches (if that is posssible)
    myame

Answer by myame at 11:26 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Did he call her that on the show, while he was judging? If he did it on the blog then I don't really see the problem. I don't agree with him calling her names because she disagrees with what he thinks but that's kind of his shtick so, yeah.

Maybe the people who organized the pageant shouldn't have hired a controversial blogger as a judge.

heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:29 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• He is confused but not ignorant??????????

He is SUPER SOPHISTICATED, didn't you know?

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:30 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I understand that there was no rudeness in her reply (it was extremely public, so she couldn't afford that) and that there is a lot more to a person than their opinion on this one issue. But I do believe that anyone who opposes gay marriage or "supports" only straight marriage is a narrow minded jerk. I may love many other things about them, but this shouts about their character. She had her opinion that gay marriage was wrong (though she'd never say it so bluntly in public) and he had his opinion of people who think like that. His language was out of line, but it is the internet after all.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 11:31 AM on Apr. 21, 2009