Mommy Must-Haves

What are some things that you can't live without as a mommy?

logantylersmomi

Asked by logantylersmomi at 11:20 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wipes!!

Oh, and House. I LOVE that show.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Pacifiers is a must!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Every one is different so it's hard to say. I had to have the breast therapy packs from Gerber that heat and cool. I had soo many pain with breastfeeding that these were a life saver. My friend, had no problems feeding and didn't need them at all. SOme kids will love the swing or bouncy seat and some will be fine on the floor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Baby swing. There was times where my son was only happy in that swing. I let him sleep in it for a while. I started to wonder if he knew the swing was not his mother LoL.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 11:24 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Everyone needs spit-up cloths. Everyone will get spit up on from time to time, no matter what they're fed.

Oh, and diapers, whether they're cloth or disposable. Wipes are a must too.

I personally MUST have tylenol...it helps for when my daughter won't stop wailing and I get a headache ;D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:25 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Baby Einstien DVDs. They are a life saver when my toddler is having a melt down and a car dvd player b/c car rides suck when she's screaming. The dvd is a great distraction for her.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 11:27 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• wipes. for EVERYTHING. i use them for seriously EVERYTHING. cleaning and potty time, and everything in between. they are AMAZING. ummm also... im guessing you mean for a first time mommy. so i would say, PLENTY of burp cloths, and a tummy time mat. PLENTY of receiving blankets. LOTS of outfits, always clean. like at least six per day. hooded towels. socks. nail clippers. you will want a pacifier even if you dont plan to keep using it. the first month or so, some just like to suck after they are done eating. it will help with the fussiness. SWING!!!! it helped me SO much the first three months or so. i could get things done. i put some soft music on the TV and let him listen to it and watch whatever the picture was. AND it didnt addict him to TV. he didnt even like it until he was about two and a half! pack n play, for when they are mobile, like crawling. if the phones ringing you can just set them down and RUN.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:36 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• nasal aspirator thingy. baby monitor. tylenol. oh and one more thing, i dont know if it works or not but i plan on buying it after this pregnancy. i saw this wrap type thing at babies r us and its for PP. it helps your tummy to get tight again so its not all loose skin. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:42 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Miracle blanket for swaddling (available on-line) or, next best thing, Swaddle Me Blanket from Babies R Us (you can use a regular blanket to swaddle when they're really little, but these are really great if you want them to sleep on their backs in a bassinet or crib... Also, folding changing pad, available at Target for a few dollars. Use it every day many, many times.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 12:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Also, my girls as tiny babies loved being worn in the Moby Wrap (available in some stores or on-line) and after about 4-5 months loved facing forward in the Baby Bjorn.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 12:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2009