what should we do?

it is supposed to be in the 80's this weekend and dh and i really want to do something with the little one but we are kinda strapped for cash right now. any ideas?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 11:23 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, we grill all winter long. My dad even uses the snow blower to make a path from the back door to the grill, lol.
    It's supposed to be in the 80s here, too, but my husband works weekends and I'm not sure he'll want to do anything. We tend to like to head out to the forest preserves and go for walks when it warms up in the spring (or right before it gets super cold in the fall). A picnic is always fun, too, especially if you can drive to a park you have never been, too. We like to explore state parks in our area and have picnics there.
    My kids have no school on Friday (the first nice day we are having) so I plan to lock them out of the house for the day (not literally), open all the windows and just relax, maybe have hubby pick up hotdogs and hamburgers to grill.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• maybe a nice picnic at the park pack some food and have fun and on the way home get a cheep Ice cream at DQ lol Hope you guys have fun

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 11:26 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• yeah its supposed to be nice here in jersey as well- were thinking of looking up how to make kites and let the kids decorate them then go out to verona park and fly them- its a really nice park that has a pond with paddle boats and a huge path to walk around- maybe u have something like that in ur area?
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:27 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND, MY HUSBAND AND I ARE IN THAT SITUATION TOO. BUT ON HIS DAYS OFF WE EITHER MAKE SOME LUNCH OR GO SOMEPLACE CHEAP AND TAKE OUR LUNCH TO THE PARK. WE ONLY SPEND LIKE 10 BUCKS AND IT GETS US AND OUR KIDS OUT OF THE HOUSE AND THE KIDS LOVE IT
    KL24

Answer by KL24 at 11:29 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Its supposed to be in the 80's here, so its time to break out the grill, put my husband to use!
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• lol crystal we grill in the dead of winter
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Parks, lakes, pools, ahhhh....I drew a blank.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:33 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Fish. Me hubby and kiddo love it.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2009