I am 11 weeks today but i have no belly at all is that just because i am so petite?

my weight before pregnancy was 96lbs then i was 98lbs my first visit then 100lbs and then back down to 98ls my last visit and the nurse told me i am under weight for being 5'0 at age 19. I guess I'm just nervous because this is my first child and I'm in my first trimester.

mom2b111009

Asked by mom2b111009 at 11:40 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes it is because your petitie.I didnt start getting a pudge until i was 4 months and i never really showed as much as i do now nd im 5 months.u dunno how annoying people get with there idiotic comments about how small you are.I say hey less stretch marks for me!..but dont be scared its jus cuz your petite.and you do lose weight sometimes b4 you really start to gain so dont stress and congrats!!
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 11:46 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• i was only 100 when i 1st got pregnant. now im 120 just eat when your hungry dont worry you'll grow.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 11:47 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• when i got pregnant i was 22 and weighted 100lbs. my first trimester i lost 10 lbs. because i had morning sickness all day everyday. so it was normal for me and i didnt start to show until 5-6 months put i was still able to wear regular cloths until i was 7-8 months. so i would just say keep eating and eventually u will gain the weight by the time i was full term i was 140lbs which is here i should of been. hope this helps.
    nkezele86

Answer by nkezele86 at 11:47 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Don't even worry about it!!! With my first I didn't show till I was about seven months. Then I blew up like a balloon!!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:48 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Yes, it is probably because you are petite...

I was at the playground the other day and I started talking to a young lady who was also very petite. She was obviously PG, so I asked her due date... I was thinking she was about 5 months along. NO! She is due May 5th!! I was floored... I looked more PG at 4 months than she did at 8 months! Plus... it was her second baby! They say you show more with subsequent PG but that just isn't the case with all women.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Don't worry about it. I only had a little tiny bulge at 12 wks that only I could notice. I didn't start to really show until 20 wks. Everyone is different and shows at different times.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 12:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I was the same way... I had my baby the same age as you did. I was 120 lbs when I started out... I was so sick with Andie that I lost 10 lbs in the first three months. I actually got as low as 105... by the time it was all over I had only gained 4 lbs for that pregnancy. I dint even show until I was 6 months pregnant. The doctor told me it was bc I was petite and bc it was my first child.
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 7:48 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• My daugther is very tiny and was able to wear her jeans until she was 7.5 months pregnant. As long as the baby is growing, count your blessings that you're so lucky. Other moms might hate you though, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I didn't show until 5 months. Everyone is different and some people don't show til the end. Just wait though, a small start can still end in a huge tumtum.
    COgle3

Answer by COgle3 at 10:01 AM on Apr. 22, 2009