My son is about to be a year old and I'm just wondering if you still continue to give them gerber stage 3 or start giving them table food or both.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• personally i gave mine table food before a year. i would start table food if your comfortable with it. and let him/her do it on their own, that way they get to learn how to use the utensils and such. if you want to do both then thats fine too. just make a schedule and stick to it =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:45 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• um.. i would start table food because by 2 he should be able to eat table food and so if you start him at 1 then he should be comfertable with it at 2
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Go for table food. I've been doing variations on table food since 9 mo. Steamed cubed fruits and veggies. Chicken nuggets, fish sticks, white fish, pasta, toast, waffles, eggs, etc, etc.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 12:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• He'd be appreciative if you gave him table food. Gerber stage 3s are so gross, (in my opinion and the opinion of my toddler... they made her gag, every one we tried!)
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 12:29 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• my dd is about 10 months and she will not take stage 3 baby food. She wont eat any baby food, besides gerber graduates. I'd start him on table food, if he doesnt like it keep the stage 3 and try again later in the week!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• We have never given baby food to my baby. We have always given table food either smashed up or run through a food mill. At 9 months she eats everything we do, just in smaller pieces.

Just be sure your baby uses it's jaw to mash food, and it should be fine with table foods.
    Devory

Answer by Devory at 1:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• You can give a variety of both until he is used to only table food. That usually doesn't take very long. My kids just loved table food at that age and quickly forgot all about baby food.
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 2:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• As long it appropiate I'd give him the table food.
    lilnivy

Answer by lilnivy at 5:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I used both actually. I was so nervous about Andie not getting what she needed when she first started eating real food. Plus if youre in a hurry... it is so much easier for you to feed the baby than having them try it themselves, its easy for them to choke when they are just learning.
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 7:44 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• i just started i would say a month ago on table food. she hates stage 3. she is still on stage 2 but i am trying to wean to just table food. the doctor suggested simple ones. chicken nuggets, steam veggies, mashed potatoes. as long as they are getting a variety of food i think its fine before age one. actually he even said ok for milk. so i give her a little now and still on mostly formula. simple foods are the best. my daughter is 10months and has had eggs, begels, pasta, chicken nuggets, steamed carrots. tonight i am going to make homemade mac and cheese. i like to try new foods so its a fun way for us to cook together and try it that way. have fun.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:03 AM on Jan. 30, 2010