Where are the jobs that where promised????!!!!

My college educated husband has been out of work for almost 2 years! I can't afford to let my sons play any sports this summer, I can't afford a pot to piss in.... I'm feeling miserable and hopeless...... every corner leads to a brick wall.... great f****** change!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• One thing ive learned, is to NEVER put your trust into any politician. Its every American for themselves now a days.
    Anonymous

• Im chuckling to myself that you actually thought and believed he even could 'change' anything except your tax rate.
    Anonymous

• I agree with Akin. People are finding jobs in the most unconventional ways these days. Maybe someone can give you a lead. Where are you and what is his area of expertise?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Let me rephrase that. what was his field of study?
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Oh, and are you willing to move? If so, are there any places where you would refuse to live?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Some things that I am learning in my job hunt:

Sell yourself first! Really! When I have found a ad for a job-I send an email and I sell myself-I have gotten 2 responses that they are interested in me! I applied for a state job where I live this past weekend so I am going to wait and see on that one.

The other 2 would require a BIG move-but thats ok. Also, being flexible.

Its tough out there right now and I heard that it won't stop til late next year.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Patient much?

He said again and again that this would take awhile. It's not magic- especially after the mess we were left from the last 'fiscal conservatives'. Also, I think it would be nice to allow your kids to do something of their own making during the summer- why are organized sports so important?
    Anonymous

• anon, judge much? Maybe her kids love organized sports and are good at them. Maybe they are hoping for the eventual scholarships to pay for some of their college. Organized sports can instill great qualities in kids and keeps them busy with something positive.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Patient much?

Ummm... when your about to lose everything you have worked your ass off for, you run out of patience!
    Anonymous

• What type of job is he looking for? I graduated college last may with a degree in business. I put in for jobs three months before I graduated. I even put in an application at Walmart. They called me back. Hey I got a job within a month of looking. I worked there until October. My sisters daycare provider had to move out of the area due to her husbands job. So my sister asked if I would like to watch my nephews. I agreed to it and I am now doing in home daycare. I love the hours and I get to be at home.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 12:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2009