Has anyone.....

been on antidepressants during pregnancy? What kind were you taking? I am just wondering because I know I need to be on medication I just don't know which ones are best during pregnancy. I put up a post last night telling about how my doctor said to take Omega-3 capsules because it is a natural antidepressant, well i just had a pretty bad anxiety attack and i know it is because of my PPD. I am going to call my doctor and ask her to call in a prescription for me I just wanted to know if anyone has any recommendations first. Thanks in advance.....

Oh and I am 4 weeks 3 days pregnant if that helps any.

jnsdrf

Asked by jnsdrf at 12:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was on antidepressants during my first pregnancy. I took Welbutrin. What you need is a class B medication and MAY be alright during pregnancy. You are always taking a risk, however medicines in the Class B category have fewer side effects that do not outweigh the need. Avoid Class C and Class X. Good luck!!

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/antidepressants/DN00007
    Anonymous