Does anyone really care what the likes of Janeane Garofalo thinks or cares?

If so, which time (2003) or (2009):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZaR19xDDUk&feature=player_embedded

I am trying to understand the facsination with celebs and their political views. I personally don't listed to them. But would like to know:
Do you or people you know really care when celeberties voice their political views and why? Do you follow them, protest them, or support them when they voice their political opinion?

myame

Asked by myame at 12:16 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Really do not care.In case nobody has noticed most celebs are sounding dumber and dumber.Garofalo is washed up that is alot of her problem.
    Anonymous

• I don't care what they say. But I will tellya----> My neighbor is more a fan of what celebs think about current events than what is REALLY going on. We just moved here and I couldn't believe she was real. Everyday, it's about Demi said this, Kanye said that.... All regarding Obama, politics, etc.Can someone elxplain to me, WHY we should care what celebs opinions are? Is their opinion just more entertainment and less NEWS? Most of them are not educated beyond high school. Most wouldn't know what the "REAL WORLD" of America is like. However they can tell you more about 3rd world nations than they can about homeless in the US. I don't get it?
    myame

Answer by myame at 12:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Im not going to lose sleep over what she said- but I find it highly offensive. She showed her ass though- she will be the one being laughed at in the end.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Im just going to copy and paste my reply in a group im in that was about this:

Its. Getting. OLD.

Seriously- lay off the "racist" comments because someone doesnt agree with our current Administration. Since the majority of our black population is Democrat (according to statistics ive read over the election) does that mean those who did not agree with Bush were racist? I didnt see her screaming that then. -shrug- Im guessing Jeannine Garofalo didnt attend any tea parties, because she wouldve saw what they were really about. People were angry with Obama, Congress, and GASP! EVEN BUSH! Can you believe that? Oh and at the tea party here in Raleigh, there were black people too. My god- Are they racists against themselves? Its really sad when a group feels the need to express their opinions and fight for what they feel is right and be ridiculed for it.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Oh and btw- about the blacks who attended the tea parties, According to her, blacks and women who agree with fiscally conservative philosophy must obviously be suffering from Stockholm syndrome. The could not possibly have come these conclusions on their own. UM OK
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Apparently some Republicans seem to since they are making such a fuss. I don't know anyone who takes her seriously.

Of course, she still has the right to say it. I know if I had some celebrity I would probably speak up for my causes.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• No.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:29 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Garafalo = Rush. Same breed, different sides.

Freedom of Seech FTW.

There are people who actually care and listen to what she and all other celebrities and commentators have to say. I'm not one of them.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 12:30 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Nah Rush doesn't sound like her nasty stupid a$$
    Anonymous

Convenient and UNTRUE.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2009