Need Help NOW!!!

my daughter is three and for the last month she has been getting out of her bed and coming into my bed. I am a heavy sleeper and do not hear her when I am awake i put her back in her bed. I don't know what to do about this. The main problem is I don't think she is awake during this. She looks like she is sleeping through it all. The night before we talk and she gets all excited about sleeping in her bed and that night she is in my bed again. I need help I want MY bed back. Help please

Snugglebunny444

Asked by Snugglebunny444 at 12:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Why don't you put a baby gate in the doorway to her room?
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Yes it might seem she is sleep walking but she is hafl asleep when she awakens to go to your bed you need to tell her she needs to stay in her bed or you will have to start to lock the door (but you really won't this is just to get her to stay in her own bed...ok) but you have to say all this in a very serious voice or she will not take you serious. GL Or try using the gate like toriandgrace suggested.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:33 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I have the same problem. I can't use baby gates anymore in my house. Little stinker learned how to open them. lol. My daughter does this every single night. She always comes inbetween my husband and I and then goes back to sleep. I have to wake up and put her back into her bed, then she is pretty good about staying in her bed for the rest of the night. But since you are a heavy sleeper I think that the baby gate (if she doesn't open them) would be your best bet. She may freak out a little bit about it though? Since she isn't used to being confined to her bedroom at night? GL
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 2:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I agree with the baby gate.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• If she's determined to get into bed with you a gate may not stop her...doesn't take much to scale over one of those especially at 3...If she's really sleep walking she's not in control and so anything you say or do to try and stop it won't help...i suggest picking a night you're not busy the next day and try to stay awake, see if you can catch her in the act to find out if she's consciously doing it or sleep walking, then deal with the situation accordingly.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 7:33 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• This is in response to belows comment from Butterfly1108 , So your telling her to scare her daughter, tell her you will lock her out of the room if she continues to get out of bed, thats terrible!!! You need to talk to your doctor. Something could be wrong with your toddler. Also she needs to know she can come to you when she is scared or in need of you. I would suggest when she gets out take her back to her bed and stay there until she falls asleep, rub her back or play with her hair, let you kid know that you love them and that everything will be ok, but always bring her back to her room to do this.

Below is TERRIBLE advise!!!!----------------------------------------

you need to tell her she needs to stay in her bed or you will have to start to lock the door (but you really won't this is just to get her to stay in her own bed...ok) but you have to say all this in a very serious voice or she will not take you serious.
    Anonymous