Any easy ideas/recipes for whole chicken?-Need new ideas!!

I'm really being lazy today and don't want to cut up the 2 whole chickens I got on sale. Any easy ideas/recipes that are good for fixing these? Thanks ladies!

Sue41

Asked by Sue41 at 12:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• laughingI'll tell you just like DH told me..... "massage that bird with some Tubbs Sweet Rub, stuff fresh herbs in it's gut, shove a beer up it's ass and throw it on the grill"..... Believe it or not, I did it and it was good.

Sorry...,. there will never be a more perfect time to quote those words again... it was here and now or never.

PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I saw a really awesome recipe on the cooking channel where you take rosemary, cumin, pepper, salt, and whatever other spices/herbs are to your liking and mix it with room temperature butter. You peel up the skin a little and slide the seasoned butter inside the skin and then slather that bird with just a little more on the top. If you don't like to get your fingers all greasy use a spoon to shove and spread the butter mixture in there. Bake it in the oven uncovered for about an hour(or more til done obviously LOL) at 350. Voila' !!! roasted chicken in a snap. LOL
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 12:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• LOL!! The beer checkens are good!

You could bake it like a turkey.... stuffing is optional, but I have stuffed one like a turkey and it was good.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sweet-and-Spicy-Baked-Chicken/Detail.aspx

this got good reviews

but i know a few others
    like cut up the chicken a little bit and rub some garlic, salt, and pepper on it
    beat an egg, honey, and butter and brush/poor on to the chicken in a greased up baking pan/dish
    baste it throughout cooking at 325 for about an hour
    then serve it =]

or

rub chicken down with butter
    throw on some salt n pepper and whatever else
    throw bacon strips on top and inside
    put some potatoes carrots onions and whatever else outside of it
    cook it 325 for about an 45 mins covered with tin foil
    take the foil off and let it cook till its done.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 12:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• **foil is so the chicken and bacon dont burn from too much grease =] **
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 12:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Ina Garten has a great roasted chicken recipe, I make it often...rub chicken with butter, salt and pepper inside and out, cut a lemon in half and shove inside along with a garlic bulb (yes, bulb, not clove) cut in have so the garlic is exposed and roast...delicious! Especially if you make the gravy afterwards =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2009