What is your opinion?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090421/ap_on_re_us/piracy_suspect

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• hang him!
    Anonymous

• i think it sounds like a bunch of b.s. it's wrong to kidnap someone and threaten to take their life if you don't get money. he needs to death penalty
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:53 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• no what they need to do is quesiton this a-hole and find out if there are more out there and try to track them down and get them off the waters. Than they can kill him.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:03 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• He should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

I was going to post this but you beat me to it LOL
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 1:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• We need to find out if he was a willing participant. In Somalia they take kids and force them to kill and do things like this. We need to see what is the whole story here. I don't like killing anyone so I am not quick to jump on the death penalty like so many are. Seems those who are quick to pass out the death penalty are no different than those they kill.
    Anonymous

• finally, a voice of sanity, Anon 11:06. Somalis have a legitimate grievance, not that it justifies piracy.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 5:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I think they should have just made him walk the plank and not wasted precious American tax dollars prosecuting and imprisoning him.

I hate that things are hard in Somalia. However, that isn't my problem. If we cleaned out the rats nest of pirates there wouldn't be a problem. Pirating will stop if it is way to dangerous and if there is nothing to gain from it.

During the piracy trials of the past it didn't matter if you were a willing participant or not. If he wasn't willing he could have helped the prisoner to escape. If he had a gun in his hand he was participating...period.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:26 AM on Apr. 22, 2009