What kind/brand of breastpump do you recommend?

first time mommy-2-b
stay-at-home mom
occasional use

logantylersmomi

Asked by logantylersmomi at 12:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I personally love the Medela Pump in Style. It is very easy to clean and maintain. I have used my for both my children during the last 3 years and have never had a problem with it.
    Lexi.Mommy

Answer by Lexi.Mommy at 1:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I also love my Medela Pump in Style. I am so glad I got it before my little one was born because when I got home from the hospital my nipples were so cracked and sore that I had to pump and bottle feed for about 4 days while I healed, and this pump worked great and helped my milk supply come in well. I am so glad I spent the money and got the Medela Pump in Style.
    CLRief

Answer by CLRief at 1:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I used a Medela hospital grade pump (I forget the actual name). It was sooo nice. WIC lent me one and I was pumping for a neighbor's baby. Now I'm using a Lansinoh Double Electric pump to pump for another baby and it SUCKS. (not in a good way either!) I'd bite the bullet and get a nice pump, even though it means spending more.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 1:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Buy a nice one after you find out you can breast feed. I bought a Medela and 3 weeks later I was out of breast milk! So I wasted my money!!!! Good luck to you!
    jennjune1984

Answer by jennjune1984 at 1:38 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I don't see the necessity for an expensive double electric if you're only going to occasionally pump....Although I agree, I love my Medela Pump in Style. I also have a Lansinoh double electric that works just as well, and was $130 cheaper....

Go to babiesrus.com and check out the reviews on all the different pumps...

kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 1:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• If you can swing it, get a Pump in Style. If not, try an Avent or Medela hand pump, since its only being used occasionally.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I can tell you not to buy Evenflo. I bought one because I couldnt afford a Medela, and I thought that since I wouldn't be pumping a lot it wouldn't really matter.... I was wrong!
    CaylaLU

Answer by CaylaLU at 5:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I had a pump and style, personally it was a waste of money. I BF all three of my kids and rented a hospital grade pump. It was alot cheaper in the long run and worked ten times better. I wish I haden't wased the money buying one in the first place.
    ajjorel

Answer by ajjorel at 9:06 AM on Apr. 22, 2009