Do you rename you pets?

If you had a pet that passed away or was lost, have you renamed a new animal their same name? I do.

serioussifL

Asked by serioussifL at 1:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pets

• My parents did it. They finally gave in to the idea of a dog after so many years of us begging (5 children). Anyway, the first dog they rescued was a sheltie from an awful puppy mill and WOW, they loved him. To make a long story, not quite so long, he got cancer and died at 8 years old. They felt he was cheated and they went to get another sheltie and this one looked just like Nick . . so he became Nick II. I wouldn't do it, but my parents did and I have loved both of those doggies!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:51 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• No i don't. I don't want to feel as though I replaced them and also b/c I like choosing names depending on what they look like or their personality.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• No.... we haven't done that.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Nope. That name was used for a special pet in my life. Its used up, no longer an option. There are tons of other name choices out there.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• No, but really cause I just love picking out names
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 1:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• No. I tried once because I loved the pet and the name so much, but my kids got upset and so we chose a new name.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 1:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• No, I never have. It would make me more sad, and I feel like the new animal needs his/her own name so it's clear that there is no expectation for them to replace the old pet- they get a fresh start.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2009