my husband got laid off so I was wondering on what websites can he find a job?

I already tried craigslist, monster.com, walmart, sears, sam's, lowes, home depot, heb and no one has called:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• have you tried your states website. Don't know what he's looking for, sometimes your county has jobs listed on their sites as well. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• He needs to go and find a job. Most places ignore online applications as its a sign of laziness. He can go into the place he has applied to and ask to speak with a manager and see what he can get.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• target, grocery stores, office depot, office max, local labor pool/job placement place, local unemployment office, local newspaper
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• brailynsmama08 hes tried in person too and even texas workforce and he still doesnt get hired. he has a clean background so I dont see whats taking managment so long to hire him. Hes gone to speak to managers too and they always have excuses.
    Anonymous

• Actually most place prefer online apps anymore and until he finds something if he hasn't already he needs to file for unemployment. GL.

Anonymous

• OP--you may not have heard but the country is in a major recession right now, and heading quickly towards a full-scale depression...which you can thank Obama for! Businesses are failing/closing up shop, people are being laid off to cut costs, and Obama is going to tax to death EVERY business left standing (Cap and Trade).

Literally 1000's of people are applying for HANDFULS of minimum wage jobs. Businesses aren't hiring because people are not spending money as there is that much less disposable income to go around to stimulate the economy.

Our country is in a full on tailspin...hold on tight, it's going to be a turbulent ride!
    Anonymous

• careerbuilder.com, or if your local newspapers have online sites they either have job posts within there or they link up with careerbuilder.com. Not sure what kind of work he is looking for but security guards are always in need, 3rd shift get paid higher. If he has military background usajobs.com may be a good place to look/upload resume too. Applying online for any and all jobs that may look like a possiblity is not a waste of time maybe you can do this while he is going into places...what about a temporary agency too (kelly temp, etc.). His looking for a job is a full time job. Good luck and keep yourselves encouraged this WILL pass!!
    eminelson

Answer by eminelson at 4:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• A little off topic but I read Walgreens is offering free healthcare from their clinic if someone's been laid off after 3/31 and has no insurance http://www.takecarehealth.com/recoveryplan/
    eminelson

Answer by eminelson at 4:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• All he can do is ride it out, apply, send resumes and hope he gets called. OH, and do not call company's that you applied to. It's very annoying and hiring managers/Business manager HATE it. My husband hates it and I used to hate it to. To me, it's on the same annoying lines as when I am sitting down for dinner, and my house phone is ringing, and ringing, and I finally get up and it's the stupid telemarketers telling me that I can modify my home loan.

You can send a email and follow up that way, don't be bugging the hiring managers. That is my advice.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 6:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• bingsmommy he only called once to every manager to see if they had checked his application because we had a missed call from them but it was cause they were offerning some discount on an installation on double doors and he thought it was the manager calling so he returned his call and it wasnt him, then the manager of lowes told him they were hiring and that he was going to call back and it was a bunch of bull. but the truth is that managers are a bunch of lazy asses! that love to just be sitting on there asses and getting paid a good amount for nothing! instead of getting there asses to work and start hiring!
    Anonymous