Would you consider hiring someone to take care of your kid(s) knowing that she has a child with Autism?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• i agree with anon. but more along the lines of a younger child with autism needs more attention than a child w/o autism and you want to make sure your child gets the attention he/she needs. if your child is older though and doesn't need constant supervision and can entertain him/herself than i would.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Why not? I guess I'm not seeing the connection here. Are you blaming her somehow for her child having austism?
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Um...why not? My child has Autism or the caregiver has a kid with it?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:16 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I guess it would depend on how old was her child. Autistic children get better with time & intervention. If she had a younger child 2-6 I wouldn't hire her because rising a child with autism brings a lot of stress and I wouldn't want for her to bring all the stress to my home if that was the case. Please don't bash
    Anonymous

• yah- whats the difference?
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 1:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I would think it wouldnt be a problem unless the child with autism has it so severely that he's behavioral and hurts others when he's upset
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• It would depend on the severity of autism. If the child has severe case of autism they need more one on one care. If less severe, I wouldn't mind.
    Anonymous

• I don't know what would I do. I don't think I would allow the opportunity to get to know her.
    Anonymous

• I believe it depends on many factors. A person with an autistic child definately has to have some form of patience, which is a good thing. But I am very terrified about leaving my children with ne one. I'm not scared that they can't take care of them, but rather that something COULD happen and I won't be there for my little one when it happens. I think it depends on how well you know this person and how comfortable you are about leaving you're child with them.
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 2:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• No.
    Anonymous