I shaved and have faced the consequences!

I shaved down there, and now have horrible razor burn. Any remedies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Health

• no shaving for me anymore either too darn miserable and less money for me to spend anyways!
    Anonymous

• Bikini zone helps w/ itching and irritation
    Anonymous

• i've used baby powder before and that helps too
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• They have a kit at wal-mart that has shaving cream, a cooling jell and an after lotion. Make sure your razor is always new and use shaving cream. I know it sounds crazy but use either witch hazel or alcohol pads once your done in the area's you notice the most bumps. Soap is not good to use as it usually dries the skin out. So get a female shaving cream or an non-mentholated mens cream to shave with and use a new blade or one with very few uses.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I love Bikini zone
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Let it grow, lesson learned, and leave it be. Ask yourself if one day of smoothness is worth the razor burn, bumps, ingrown hairs, itchiness that soon follow. Hair is not that big of a deal, contrary to what today's society thinks. I had an ingrown hair turn into an abscess and had to have it lanced and packed for a week so I don't shave anymore. I'll trim though.
    Anonymous

• i shave down there all the time and i dont get the razor burn because right after im finished shaving i rinse and then pat on some sea breeze- it works great at closing the pores so u wont get any of that
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Baby powder.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 21, 2009