Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am stress and need some one to talk to

I am very young lost my job and now in 2 weeks gotta move out of my apt my baby father is in another country and I feel so down and have no one that I can really talk to and i just feel lonely I am doing everything on my own and just feel very depressed any one have any advice on how to get my mind off of all this ? I do not even know where I am going in 2 weeks .. running back to my mom apt is not a opiton for me ...

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (5)
  • Contact your local welfare office and get on section 8 so they pay your rent until your on your feet again. Contacts friends or other family members to see if you can stay. Talk to the father of your child and see if he can help you. If he is military he should be giving you money for support and for rent.

    Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

  • i'm so sorry dear! i'm sorry you're being rushed without time to even sit and think about what to do. are there any friends nearby you could stay with for a while? and why cant you stay with your mom? any other family near? last resort: any churches or shelters you could stay at? have you contacted any kind of govt assistance program for some financial assistance so you dont have to move at all or have a nice place to live (like a new apartment on your own...) till you get back on your feet? is your SO out of the country for military purposes? they usually have programs to help moms and kids financially. or talk to SO about this and see what he can do! *hugs*

    Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:33 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

  • Be strong, things will work out! Try to think of this as a learning experience. Hang in there, it can only get better.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

  • There are many resources in most counties. You have places like Maryhouse, Mothers Housing for single Mom's, Abuse Housing. You have agencies like mentioned above. Of course I would suggest the ones for single Moms. We have a shelter here brand new one for people, they take you in for long term too. Loaves and Fishes here is another shelter community. Look into it via the internet they provide you with a home, food, clothing if needed, diapers, formula, etc.

    Answer by blueeyes9999 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

  • I live in Northern Virgina and when I moved here 3 years ago, I knew no one. I looked up (google) Moms Club of Virginia. I suggest you do that for your state. This organization was a life saver for me at the time. My daughter was 1-1/2 and I wanted to find some other moms with children her age and also make some friends.
    Blessing to you and yours

    Answer by Marianne531 at 5:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.