HOW DO I GET MY THREE YEAR OLD TO STOP SPITTING ALL THE TIME?

MY SON SPITS ON US, OUR DOG, THE FLOOR ANY WHERE HE WANTS. WE TRIED GIVING HIM TIME OUTS, THAT DID NOT WORK. WE ASKED OUR DOCTOR, AND YES HE TOLD US " SOAP IN THE MOUTH" WELL MY SON DECIDED HE LIKES TO EAT SOAP. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP, ME!!!!

bren1116

Asked by bren1116 at 1:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Try a little bit of hot sauce. Take away a toy, tv or put him to bed early. If it was my daughter I would pop her in the mouth each time she did it.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I just want to share what I did in simular situation. =

My 2 YO kept biting and I told her if she did it again I was going to put hot sauce in her mouth........... ( time outs do not work w/ this one) actually nothing worked until the HOT SAUCE
    She never bit again............................. A couple times she will make a face at me like she is going to bite and I just say " oh- no HOT SAUSE" WORKS EVERY TIME. GL!!!
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 1:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• SO funny - i hit the answer button and look at above post. I guess i am a slow typer....
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 1:42 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• my sister had this prob.. im going to tell ya what she did and you can take it what you will.. She popd him in the mouth evertime he did this.. (not hard) but it scard him and it took 5x and he hasnt ever done it agian..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 2:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I have not had this issue with my kids yet.. hopefully never, but a friend of mines son was horrible about this, aparently the little boy one day spit on his grandfather and grandpa poped the boy on the mouth and sent him to the corner for well over an hour... and he never did it again. It seems harsh... but it did work in one quick swoop.

Everyone I have every known to have this problem says that soap does not work. I don't think it would work on my kids... I found my daughter and the dog sharing a bar of soap one morning... I had to throw it away because they seemed to enjoy it to much... luckly it was non toxi and organinc... unfortunelty it was an $8 dollar bar of homade milk and honey soap.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• My 3 year old is doing this. While I don't agree with pooping him in the mouth, I really don't have any advice that hasn't already been said. With our son we usually take away toys, or tell him to stop in a stern voice, and put him in time out. I hope this helps!
    jasonsmommy05

Answer by jasonsmommy05 at 7:53 PM on Apr. 22, 2009