At what age did you start developing a nap routien?

Mt son is 5 1/2 weeks old and I can't remember when I started to have my other 2 on a nap schedual. Just curious what other people have done ...

Melissa6280

Asked by Melissa6280 at 1:33 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Around 3 months when they are awake more during the day.
    Anonymous

• My daughter started on hers about 6 weeks. She would get up at 5:30 and then back to bed until 8:30 and then I would put her down again around 9:30 and she is 7 months now and goes down around 9:30 every morning and then again around 1 to 2 every afternoon.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• My son started his routine at about 6 weeks. He's now 9 weeks and it's working great for us :)
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Around 3 months when she stopped wanting to sleep on-the-go.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I think it was about 5 months of age our son got the hang of day and night. so he slept longer at night, was awake longer during the day and had maybe about 3 naps. we just let him give us the cues when he was tired then we'd lay him down. at bedtime we gave him a bath, I read him a story/sang lullaby then laid him in the crib! the schedules always changed though. he'd lay down about the same times for a few months then switch to a later time or earlier time especially during growth spurts. it also depended a lot on when he woke up. so we just went with the flow. the routine was more of a "order of things" before laying him down so he'd settle down and know it was time to rest.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I startd the day i got him home.. i had to go back to work super fast so i got him in one as soon as i could so i would know what the sitter was doing with him while i was away.. he still has the same routeen as he did..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 2:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2009