Baby didnt grow much from 6 to 9 months, is this normal?

My baby gained 1 pound and half and a 1/4of a inch in lenght in 3 months (from 6 to 9) My pediatrician says its normal... It is really normal? I am worried that my MIL is not feeding him properly while I am at work!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he is gaining weight he is fine. Not all babies get a lot of height at once. He may not be in a growth spurt just yet. Our daughter went from 22 inches at birth to only 23.5 at her 2 month check up and then she was 25.5 at her 4 month and 27.5 at her 6 month. If your not a tall person he may not be tall and he may not have hit the spurt just yet.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:38 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• if you are really worried, and want to check him out by charts.. there is a widget you can download from here. Go to widgets, and keep looking until you see the growth chart one. Then just follow the directions by typing in age, weight, height, etc. And it will graph it for you, showing you where your baby is compared to averages of other babies.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• No a pound is great! From 6-9 months my daughter stayed the same exact weight, and she's as healthy as can be!
    Anonymous

• If your doctor isn't concerned, I wouldn't worry (easier said than done.) My DD was 8lbs at birth. At 1 she was 16.5 lbs. It took her a whole other year to hit 20lbs. She was just a peanut. Then peanut hit 8 yrs and she had gained 11lbs! from 7-8yrs (and something like 3.5 inches.) She is still thin, but not the teeny tiny one in class anymore. Her brothers, on the other hand, have always gained well and are tall for their ages. All kids gain differently.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• My son didn't gain much from 6 to 16 months! He didn't lose, but only gained just about a pound. He's very active. He was fine.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I can relate to the weight part. My daughter at birth was 8lbs 3oz 21in. She's now 5 months old and at her 4 month check up she was 14lbs 8oz and 27.5 in. She's tall but she's skinny, her doc said she's normal. I doubt your doctor will tell you it's normal if it really isn't. Don't worry not all babies are meant to be chubsters (even though they are SUPER adorable)

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 6:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2009