4 days til missed period. Can i test today? How long do i need to hold my bladder for, four hours?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• If I were you I would wait untill after you would have started your period. As for the test, it is best to take the pregnancy test with your first pee of the day.
    twinmama84

Answer by twinmama84 at 2:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• You would want to test 1 wk after missed period. And when you do test you only need enough urine to cover the stick. good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 2:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• They say to use first morning urine because you haven't drank anything in at least 8 hours (normal sleep legnth) and therefore it is more concentrated. The longer you wait to test the more accurate the results will be. Testing a week before your period will likely result in a negative, testing the day before you are to have your period, I think most ladies would get a positive, if they are pregnant, but some will still get a negative. Waiting until a week after, while hard to do, will offer the best results. I think some women may still get negatives, but still be pregnant, I would say at that point to schedule an appointment to make sure that everything is ok.
    Anonymous

• The first response test says it is possible for it to be accurate 4 days prior to your expected period (5 days prior to missed period). However, the later you wait the better the odds of getting an accurate reading. If you don't want to test and see a negative when it may be just that you're testing too soon, you may want to wait until you miss your period by at least a day. Best wishes to you!
    Learning2Hope

Answer by Learning2Hope at 4:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2009