Question while I wait for the doctor to call me back.

My son has had a low grade fever for 3 days. He has no symptoms and the fever has been between 100 and 102. He is not tired, has no complaints of pain anywhere. No sniffles or cough. In the past hour his skin is looking very odd. You can see what looks like purple veins all ove his chest and legs. He says he is cold but has a fever of 101 degrees. We are going in to the doctor just waiting to see what time. What could this be? He is rarely sick and has no been around anyone who is sick. Poor guy is missing school and really hates it. If you have a clue let me know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• That happened to me when I was a kid. I ran a fever for several days and there was no obvious cause.

Turns out I had walking pneumonia.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• My friends daughter is having the same symptoms and she is being tested for pnemonia for the second time since December. My friend skipped the doctor and took her to the ER. She had a horrible cough and trouble breathing when she was coughing.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I was going to say walking phenomia... the vein thing is what happend to me when I had it. Waling phenomia can be sneeky.. I had no symptomes just a low grade fever. I was fine, I went to my ND for treatment and was fine within a week. But its tricky because its hard to detect.

Other then that it just doesn't sound normal. YOu said a low grade fever.. has it shown any normal fever patterns? fevers should come and go in waves. He should go from feeling cold, to having a spike inhis temp then after it sustaisn for while, It should drop, he sould sweat or not want anything (like blankets) on him. You can run a fever and feel cold as your body prepares itself for a spike in temp. I would jsut keep an eye on him, and make sure that he drinks plenty of fluids till the ped calls back.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2009