Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im so young what can i do?

i am only 18 living with my grandmother and about 10 other people. my husband to be lives here too. everybody is supportive but im still scared. i dropped out of school last november and was planning on going back this fall. then i found out i was prego and the acadamy denied me to come back. i wont do public school and dont want to wait to finish my edu. Please give me advice someone!

Answer Question

Asked by Safarismom at 1:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • 18 really isn't that young lol*. I was 18 when I had my dd, I graduated highschool though. Is their any places to get your G.E.D? I know that if you talk to someone at your local health department or at another agency they can help you with these sorts of things. I know when you do your G.E.D you take tests. If you pass, then you graduate. At least thats how it is where I am from.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

  • Try online school

    Answer by NicholeAT at 1:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

  • Contact your local Board of Education. If they can't refer you to an alternative school then ask for GED classes. GED classes are free. Where I live you can take the practice test for free and if you pass they give you a fee waiver for the test. Then you could consider college or training. Since you will be considered an independent student you would qualify for the Federal Pell Grant when you complete your FAFSA. The maximum award is $5350. If you have a community college in your area that should take care of your tuition. You may also qualify for the Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant worth $4000 if you file in time for the school you are interested in. You would also be eligible for state grants.

    Answer by Lexi.Mommy at 2:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.