WTH is the deal with family murder/suicides?

I know they are all being blamed on the financial crisis, but there's got to be more to it then that, right? I mean, money is tight, always tight, for so many people. It's almost like it's beginning to be a trend.

Buffie95

Asked by Buffie95 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Everyone has a breaking point. The current economic strain may just well be the final straw for some.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:03 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Honestly- I think people who do things like that have to have more underlying problems, such as their mental state.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 2:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Some people have nothing, really nothing after this financial crisis, including their homes. The easiest way to deal with it is to off their family and themselves. I suppose one could rationalize they don't want to leave their family bankrupt or leave kids in foster care, etc...I don't know. People are crazy, I keep saying it, it's true.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• The crazy thing is though, that that person could seem "normal" as many percieve it to be. What I mean is that you may not see the hurt and the issues they face on the outside, but everything is in. Until one day they have had enough and one depressive moment they end it. I believe that everybody has their own personal hell here on earth and it is different for everyone. Its whether or not they chose to live with it. Everybody has some problems, but others don't know how to deal with them, or they choose not to deal with them. They just want their suffering to end.
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 2:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• expect to see more as the economy worsens. Crimes of all types will increase,. Esp. quality of life crimes. We're going back to the '70's ladies...
    spababy120

Answer by spababy120 at 2:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I know. It's saddening though. I mean, we have gone through some really tough times, and we grow closer because of it. I guess we are lucky. I feel sad for those that see no way out. And I desperatly hope that the kids don't see it coming. It's a horrible thought that these things happen.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I would say that they just feel an absolutely overwhelming feeling of hopelessness, and they are nuts!
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 2:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• This stuff's been happening since I was a kid in the '80's, it's really nothing new. I personally knew of one family it happened to when I was in high school and knew of another family it happened to. It's more than just financial crisis. That's just what seems to push people over the edge who are already walking a thin line anyway. It's sad to hear when things like this happen, but I'm never surprised my it any more.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• To me...it is a strong spirit of confusion....After reading about the man that killed his wife, his twin babies and two daughters after a boss told him to go home and kill himself after something about a settlement from his hospital job(which was very insensitive in my eyes) and then wrote the tv news station and told them why he killed them and himself...because he didn't want anyone taking care of his family...I feel a lot of people pride has been hurt to a point where they become suicidal. I feel bad for the everyone affected by this falling of the economy but believe me...when one door closes another door opens. This is the time I have always talked about with my family. This is the time to find out the gifts that the Lord naturally blessed you with. There is always something that you are good at that is your true calling in life which allows you to be prosperous beyond your wildest dream. I just pray for those in need.
    Eyes-4-Art

Answer by Eyes-4-Art at 4:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I completely aggree with Eyes-4-Art!
    MommaCocoaButta

Answer by MommaCocoaButta at 9:04 AM on Apr. 22, 2009