My teen wants to go to a "RAVE" Has anyone experienced this?

My 15 yr son wants to attend a "Rave" which is a all night dance party. Has anyone let their teen go to one? What are your thoughts?

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 2:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I would not let him......im 25 and have been to a few when i was a teenager (of course without my parents knowing) but all it is is drugs and drinking. (i never did drugs but i was a drinker) If you want to keep him out of trouble i would say NO.....maybe you could let him invite some of his friends over to the house for the night and have a little party (which would not have drugs and drinking) Just my opinon
    tomsjennabean

Answer by tomsjennabean at 2:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Thanks , Breezy , he is going to be really mad, but I dont think that is a good place for him. Some of his friends parents let them go all the time and they say they are safe with all the security and stuff. Hmmmm
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 2:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Rave are nasty things with ALOT of REALY bad things going not it is not a sfe place to be a all for a kid lots of drugs amongst other things going on bad bad idea please say no
    knepppi

Answer by knepppi at 2:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• A rave is for teenagers a lot older then 15. Yes, raves are synomous with drugs like ecstay and cocaine. But, a lot of them are just all night dancing with bottles of water in their hands.

In my opinion. I wouldn't let him go simply becuase he's too young. A rave is essentially an extreme party. He should stick to house parties for now.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 2:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• ummm.... sweety thats not all what a RAVE is, there is going to be some heavy ass drugs there like extasy (dont know how to spell it)
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I am going to say NO, he is a pretty good kid, and is going to be pissed but I guess we will just have to deal with it. We did not have Raves when I was young so I was not sure what to think.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 2:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• yeah he may be pissed, but when telling him no explain to him why, i have never heard of a RAVE actually being just an all night dance with people holding bottles of water... you can guarantee that there are going to be harsh drugs there... id scare him about getting busted if the cops showed up. Do you know if he parties? back in high school I had a friend whose parents allowed us to party at their house under their supervision... they wouldnt allow any heavy alcohol but they would buy us a few wine coolers (make us feel cool lol)
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• raves can be fun, but there are lots of drugs there. xtc, meth and coke will be everywhere. if he's going with a group of friends who arent into that kind of stuff and they stick together i'm sure it'll be fine, but imo 13 years old is too young for that scene. i've been to a few raves when I was 19 and saw no young kids there. and there were security guards there and they searched everyone upon entering but that didnt change a thing. drugs were still snuck in and many people were f*cked up. friendly, but f*cked up lol
    Anonymous

• He is not into drugs or drinking, I am fairly sure of that, as I was into everything when I was his age my parents let us party as well under their supervision, and would know the signs. I guess that is why I question weather or not to let him go, he has a good head on his shoulders and I think he would make the right choices but you never know. I am sure he is going to hate me when I tell him no but I guess he will get over it.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 2:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• It doesn't matter if he's into drugs or drinking anyway. He could easily get something slipped in his drink. One of my friends wound up in hospital twice in college because someone spiked her drink with ecstasy and that was just in a bar. Raves are way more drug-centric.

In any case 15 is way too young to be doing that sort of thing. Let him wait till he's off in college before he starts with the all nighters. You won't have to know about it then. My mother used to worry if I was out till 10pm when I lived with her but once I was in college she just didn't care because she had no way of knowing if I was in bed or at the pub or running around the countryside naked.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 2:42 PM on Apr. 21, 2009