What would you say to him?

Obama does not support gay marriage. He believes marriage is between a man and woman. For those who support Obama and same sex marriage, what would you say to him? Would you call him names? Would you tell him that he is ignorant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• the people that support obama wouldn't have the guts to stand up to him. pacifists are pacifists for a reason.
    Anonymous

• He is not ignorant because he does not believe in gay marriage. I think we all deserve our opinions and we all have the right to our own happiness rather that be with a man or woman. I would ask him is it fair you get to marry outside of your race and culture? I am aware he is bi-racial so how is it fair he can marry a black woman when he is part white. Should be ban marriage outside of our own race as well? Should he get a divorce because his wife is not the same race as him?
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Nope, but I wouldn't call anyone names or tell them they are ignorant. But I would explain to him the same way I would explain to anyone that gays and lesbians deserve the same rights as the rest of us. That it's a civil rights issue and not a religious one.

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

You're right.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I support Obama and if I had the chance I would stand up for what I believe in. Not everyone feels the same on every view. We all have our own opinions there ANON. Like your decision to stay ANON instead of standing up for what you believe in.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Bigot would be the word. But you know, we're all bigots in some form or another.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 2:16 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I would say Good Job...Keep up the good work :)
    Anonymous

• That it's a civil rights issue and not a religious one.

No.

It's not a right.

Not all straight people who want to be married get to be.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I'm not an Obama supporter. But I do have to say that just because people support him doesn't mean they support ALL that he stands for. The president needs to make decisions on what is best for the people of this country, not based on his personal views. I feel that it's more important for people to be HAPPY, even if those people are gay/lesbian. I feel that God would rather them be together, and be happy, then to be apart, and very unhappy. They aren't breaking any laws. You can't help who you love, it's not the governments place to try and put restrictions on that.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 2:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I feel that it's more important for people to be HAPPY, even if those people are gay/lesbian. I feel that God would rather them be together, and be happy, then to be apart, and very unhappy.

Ohh, boyyy..........

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2009