This Miss USA thing is really ticking me off..............

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,517277,00.html

" Shanna Moakler and her business partner, Keith Lewis, a strong activist against Proposition 8, were so infuriated over Prejean’s answer to Perez Hilton’s gay marriage question during Sunday’s crowning, they refused to make contact with the San Diego native after the show."

They say.....
"Every year, tens of thousands of dollars are donated for the pageant and its prizes," explained a source close to Moakler’s team. "Already she (Moakler) has had to deal with very upset companies, because they gave so much to Carrie, and think she betrayed them. People in California, more so than most states, are particularly passionate about overturning Prop 8 --especially those in the pageant/beauty world."

But CA voted FOR prop 8, wether you like it or not. So NO the majority DON'T agree with Moaklers stance. This is NUTS! THey are treating her rudly b/c she has a dif opnion!

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• beating a dead horse...............let me go grab my club..........
    Anonymous

• How is this OK? How is it right for this woman to be treated like dirt b/c her opnion isn't PC? Do you think they should have treated her this way?
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• How is this beating a dead horse? I know the uproar over her answer. THIS is about how her pageant people, those who are supposed to back her up, are treating her because her OPNINION (which she was asked for!) was diff than theirs. If it was YOUR speech that was being treated this way I am sure you would just go "grab your lunch"!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Nobody treats her rudely.What gives her right to say that all country thinks like her??????????

Anonymous

• No, they should not have treated her this way.

Shanna Moakler annoys me, and so does Perez Hilton. Their egos far outweigh their celebrity status, but that's besides the point....

I thought they were supposed to be judged on the quality of their answers, and not the opinions that they carry. As judges, they CANNOT tell someone that their OPINION is "wrong".

I never had much respect for the Miss Anything pageants, but now I have NONE.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• DEAD HORSE!!

Who cares-you didn't say it, she did. There are TONS of threads already posted on this. She sounded like an idiot first of all. and then finished it off with "that's how I was raised crap"-so you had the idea shoved down your throat?

Who cares, the media is going to crucify her for this-why keep bringing it up.
    Anonymous

• Well anon, for one ....hasn't gay marriage been voted down EVERY time the PEOPLE have voted on it? Even tho millions were spent to get people out to vote differently.

And second....she has EVERY RIGHT to HER own opinion.  I don't agree with abortions...but I think if someone wants to speak for them that is their right.

Isn't it funny how those who scream about tolerance the loudest are the first to restrict it in those who don't agree with them?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Because its a best uninformed opinion at worst a bigoted opinion. It is the equalivent of saying "Interracial marriage is wrong."

BTW the margain by which Measure 8 passed very very small. I as Californian still hang my head in shame that we voted discrimination into law the very day the USA elected its 1st black president.
    Anonymous

• Because I WANT to....sticking out tongue

Don't like...don't answer

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• She is entitled to her opinion-just the same as anyone else. BUT when you announce it on national TV-you're going to get all sorts of feedback for it-good and bad. That is what happens when you say something that pisses off millions of people.

Dead HORSE!!!
    Anonymous