This is for anyone that judges God........

How will you like it when your children tell you that you are a imperfect parent, and then they tell you they are going to disown you. Then to make matters worse they go make up a parent they feel you should be? All their lives they reject your attempts to reconnect with them.Then they die forever not even giving you a chance to be the parent you had set out to be?

You are doing the same to God. He is our heavenly father. The one who created EVERYTHING. One day you will see the truth. May you find your way to God before that day.

mo2a27

Asked by mo2a27 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 1 (-6 Credits)
  • Hm, well, that sounds like a rellious teenager. And I would say that it's perfectly normal for teens to feel that way about their parents. Most of them go through that stage. In fact, my daughter is going through that stage right now. She can tell me she hates me and that she doesn't like what I have to say all she wants. That's fine. I'm still here loving her and I'll be ready for her when she's ready to accept me as her parent again. That's pretty much the way GOD is. The UP side of that scenario is that GOD doesn't fall into the humanistic emotions like we do. GOD is perfect and loving and always there patiently waiting. GOD doesn't ever give up on us.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 3:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Ok....what brought all that on? Someone talking about someone in particular or is it just one of those hey, I'll just throw out an idea?
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 2:42 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Well, if my kids do that then it's a sign I wasn't doing something right when they were little and I would try to be a better mom after that. In the end it would be my fault for being a crappy parent and I would have to live with that.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Whatever
    Anonymous

• WOW
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• If my kid told me I'm a bad parent and he disowned me forever... it would mean I'M A BAD PARENT.

Fortunately, I'm a GOOD PARENT. So I don't have to worry about my kid disowning me forever.

Hey, but I also love my son UNCONDITIONALLY. Do you know what that means?? it means EVEN IF HE WALKED OUT OF MY LIFE FOREVER I'd still love him. I'd still be his parent. He'd still be a part of me.

YOUR God doesn't know how to love unconditionally. That's why he's not MY God.
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• ITA with justanotherjen.

But in addition, I cannot agree with your comparison because God is not human, and should not be compared to humans or human actions.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 2:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I think it's funny because all these different religions and even people NOT believing in God then when they die I can picture God walking up to them saying "so you don't think I'm real...HUH...well down you go!" LOL...ROTFL.... :-D There is enough evidence for me to believe in God, even scientist believe in God, BIG scientist, and they are the kind of people who need true, hard evidence to believe something. Again I just laugh at the other people who don't believe or think it's ok to praise other "gods".
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 2:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Well for one thing I would have no one to blame but myself. BUT I am not god. I am physically present in my kids lives. They see me, hear me, can touch me, and they know I am going to be there for them if I said I would. I bathe them, I take them to the doctor when they are sick, I make sure they have food, clothes, & shelter. I may not be a perfect parent, but I do the best I can. Once they hit 18 they are adults and will thhus be responsible for their own actions. I can only hope I've done my job correctly. But if not I am only human.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Back up Kimberleee382 who ever said God doesn't love you even when you do bad????? God will love you forever. Put it this way if your son was on drugs and was always stealing from you and it's been 6 years and you have other children now your son is an adult, he's back and forth in your home stealing from you and your children....would you keep letting him back in the house? I'm asuming NO, and don't try to say "oh I would get him help" because they can't get help unless they want it. So You still love your child your just punishing him, same goes for GOD. He loves you but you do wrong and you get punished.
    Anonymous