What should I have on hand to offer guests coming for a non-social related visit?

I really had no idea how to word that question, lol. On Thursday 2 women from the state are coming to our home to do an early intervention evaluation on my son...they will be here for 2.5 hours...this obviously isn't a social visit, but I should have something on hand to offer, right? I mean, obviously water, soda, tea, coffee, but should I put out a snack or something? Silly question, I know, but I like to be a good hostess =)

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 2:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Your mom can be very proud of how well she raised you. Coffee, tea and water are sufficient.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Well aren't you fabulous?! What time of day is it? If its in the morning you could have coffee and muffins or some sort of fruit bread.
    They probably won't even take anything but its great of you to have it on hand to offer.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• LOL!! i went through that too! my son had to have early intervention and i put chips out. they werent interested in anything other than my son though. if you want, maybe you can make some finger food sandwhiches and make sure to offer them something to drink. even if they dont want anything im sure they will appreciate the thought. message me anytime. :)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• That is a very nice gesture. Yea maybe get some cookies and put it out or some chips.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• They are coming at 2:30 in the afternoon, cookies are a great idea for a little something...thanks!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• no snacks.... just offer them a drink.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 3:18 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• well... on second thought I should have said.... yes, you can offer them snacks if you want to, but they probably won't eat them (though, they might!)

Snacks won't be expected, and neither is offering drinks expected. I wouldn't stress out over it at all.... we've had many visitors in my home for my daughter's disability and none of them ever took the snacks/drinks I offered, but they all seemed to like that I offered something to them....

Good luck with evaluation!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 3:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Thanks everyone!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2009