Did you love to listen to your parents' or grandparents' stories?

I think that those stories are good life lessons for children growing up.
So did you love to listen to them? or did you prefer to be playing, or doing just about anything else?
I LOVED listening to stories shared by my elders when I was small. I still do actually but they don't share as much, hehe.

Destiny13

Asked by Destiny13 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I still love listening to them- parents and grandparents.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 2:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I loved it. my grandfather was an intelligent man. I could listen to his stories over and over again. He passed away in 2005. I didn't realize how much it meant to sit and listen. I would give anything for him to tell me another story now.
    casd

Answer by casd at 2:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• yes yes yes :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I've always loved to listen to people's life experiences and still do. So long as they aren't complaing or trying to get people to feel sorry for them or something...
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Yes! I love it! And no one can tell them like they can. A few years ago I got my grandpa started telling his stories, and he can go on and on, and I hid a tape recorder so that I have all his old stories in his own words and his voice. He laughed when I told him I taped all of them! LOL!
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 2:53 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• My grandpa told great stories and he seemed to have done so much in his life. He was writing his memoires and I've no idea where they've gotten to. He passed away a few months ago. I'm hoping they are found.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 2:53 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• My grandpa has cancer, and they are treating it; they say not to worry just yet... but that is impossible for me. He hasn't seen my daughter yet, and I want to go visit him so badly! DH is making it near impossible to visit though. Money issues....
    He's only a couple states away...
    I want to hear his stories!
    That's a great idea Musikdoll! I think if I ever get out there, I'm going to have to bring a recorder!
    and Casd, I'm sure your grandfather is touched to know how much it meant to you.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 4:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Yes I do and I appreciate time spent with my parents. And when my grandmother was alive I loved every minute with her and I cherish the memories I have.
    mackk

Answer by mackk at 5:18 PM on Apr. 21, 2009