toticollis

Did anyone's baby have this? If so, how did the physical therapy help to correct it? Do you see an problems later down the line? Did you baby also have positional plagiocephaly? Did that improve with time?

vickwu

Asked by vickwu at 2:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD has it and we are currently in physical therapy. She has been taking it since Feb of this year and goes once a month. They taught us how to stretch it at home. She has a flat spot on the back of her head but they said that when she gets a little older (she is 8 months now) that her head will reform just fine. If not or if the flattened spot is really bad they will give them a helmet to wear that will help to reshape their head. My DD pt did say that in most cases they are better by the age of 1. Good luck!!
    Williamswifey

Answer by Williamswifey at 4:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• My son has it. The pt did a lot of massage, stretching, and exercises. It's improved a lot. He has cerebral palsy, so I think that is why it's taking so long to correct. I know other children who have had torticollis and have had no long term effects. I don't know what the second thing is.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 3:29 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Thank you for your answers. She starts pt next friday. I was just wanting to hear some success stories. Your answers made me feel better.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 5:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2009