Anyone run and in home daycare?

If so, can you tell me the requirements pleasE?! Im in Louisiana

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 2:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• It's hard to run your own day care.I've had a few friends try it and their biggest complaint was getting money from the parents.The parents would say,we don't have the money this week and would keep putting it off.So,if you do this make sure,you write down the rules before hand so this doesn't happen to you.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 2:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• It depends on your state, here in California you need a business license and you need to go to school for 2 months to get a daycare license (they barely passed this). You have to take a class on CPR for toddlers and infants, you have to have an excape route posted in your home for everyone to see (for fires or emergencies). You have to baby proof your home, someone has to come an inspect it to make sure it's safe. Everyone living in the home has to get shots, it depends on what shots you already have, but you get at least 3. Oh and you have to own your home, this is everything we had to do in California, I'm not sure about where you live, but it might be the same. Hope this helps.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 3:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Oh and get contracts so parents have to pay you on time, if they don't pay then they signed an agreement that they would pay late fees for it being so many days late. We also charge late fees for them picking their kids up late, we now have a waiting list of 35 kids, so I'm assuming we're doing great! Contracts work the best, it keeps you safe and it's a sure way to make your money on TIME. Good luck!!
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 3:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• no what do u need for that?
    bettyboob83

Answer by bettyboob83 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• The Daycare I used had a policy of "no pay, no stay". We had to pay on Monday for that week.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 4:16 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I run an in home daycare and I have my parents read and sign contracts explaining about the business and payment. I stress that it is their responsibility to pay for their child's care. My contract states the amount they owe every month and their signature - I do not play we work to hard and too long of hours to listen to every cry me a river story although a few parents really needed childcare and couldn't afford to pay.
    need2rest71

Answer by need2rest71 at 5:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2009