Ovulation pain?

Can someone explain to me the length, duration, intesity of ovualtion pain? Over the past few days, off and on I have a tinge on either side where my ovaries are. It's not excruciating but it's enough to get my attention.

Is it possible for the ovulation pain to alternate from one side to the other? Is it specifically sequestered to only one side?

I ovulated yesterday and I'm curious if this is what I've been waiting for. Any help would be awesome.

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 3:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes the pain can swift to one ovary over to the next. I would say that ovulation sorta feels like your period. the time varies but it could be about a week. the intesity shouldn't be anything more then slight cramping. some other signs you your ovulating is egg white mixture from gential region. good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• yes yes go make whoopy. good luck! I ttc for 6 years and finally got a good feel for the ovulation pains and they are just like you described.
    leeleesboys

Answer by leeleesboys at 3:18 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• it should only be a few days. Ovulation pain didn't start until a few monthes ago for me. (i'm 27) When i talked to my gyno about it, becuase i was kinda scared about the pain, she said it's just ovulation pain, and that it will go away in a few days. And yes, it switches sides. That's why we have two ovaries, to give the other a break once in a while.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2009