How does it make you feel

when other women on here are so mean and hateful and say things to other mothers like "you shouldn't be having a baby then". When ever a mother asks something about welfare such as medicaid to cover pregnancy, food stamps, wic, etc. I just makes me think that they are uneducated, rich bitches whose husbands bring in all the money and they think there sh*t don't stink. I don't think they realize that unless someone has comapny insurance that most individual plans do not cover pregnancy and that when buying the coverage, they don't tell you that. And paying for things out of pocket are outragrously and just because someone doesn't have 10,000 to shell out to pay for the pregnancy doesn't mean they are unqualified to have a baby. Having assistance to cover a pregnancy is not the same as relying on it to raise your kids. And i think those women should realize that one day they could be in a situation and need assistanct. Opinions

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yup, I have realized that the majority of women who complain on here about PA are SAHM. How can you criticize some one for being on PA when you do not have a job yourself. Im a SAHM and i am greatful for having the opportunity to stay home with my kids. We make ends meet, i dont go around putting other women down who have WIC, FOOD STAMPS who stay home. Its not my place, TO EACH THEIR OWN.
    Anonymous

• I totaly agree! The only time i was on assistance was when i was pregnant, because as you said, I couldn't shell out $10,000.00 for Dr. visits & what not. And Insurance companies plans suck unless you already make a lot of money to afford a good one, or you are covered by work. My husband at the time was starting a business, we had no insurance or much money. But hey! We made it through! I have one of the best kids in the world, & I now have a job w/ free insurance (woo hoo). People who say "you / they shouldn't have kids" are rude, ignorant idiots. And the only reason they say it, is becuase they are insecure & enjoy TRYING to make others feel less than what they really are. No one can do that to me, those comments roll right of my back becuase just thinking of the source it's coming from makes me laugh my ass off. Those woman are sorry, ignorant bitches who have nothing better to do but hurt other mom's on here. Lame life!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Honestly- unless you walked a mile in someone elses shoes, its not fair to say what they should or shouldnt be doing with their personal lives.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 3:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• It makes me feel like some people are judgemental a$$holes and I could give a rip what they think or say. I hate Sanctimommies.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 3:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I notice a lot of women post rude comments, especially as anon. It's easy to be snarky from behind a computer screen. I am sure most of the ladies here would be perfectly lovely if you met them IRL.

As for public assistance, I wish there was some way to identify and cut out the abuse so that the truly needy would be able to get it, but that will never happen. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I hate Sanctimommies

high five

ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Also, it bothers me how judgemental some are. If they here the words "food stamps" they have this immediate painted picture of a low life. Well, they don't know why, or how anyone has assistance. With all the job losses around nowa days, you'd think mom's on here would try to undertand better. But no, it makes them feel good to cut down others. Just nasty, that's what it is.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I believe this website was made for people to ask questions without being judged. Im nto one to judge people because you never know the whole story or what people have or had to go through. And I just think if you dont have anything nice to say or any usful information then just keep to yourself. No one is perfect.So the ones that try to act like life is ohh so great are probably the ones really living the misrable lives. Obviously or they wouldnt waste their time to be rude to others.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 3:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• It bothers me as well.

What gets me even more that people don't see receiving things like the child tax credit where they get more than they paid in, or EITC when they file their federal taxes as the same as receiving PA. And it is... if you get back more than you paid in, you are receiving welfare. Like it or not.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I agree.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 3:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2009