why?

why is it that when i told people i had my membranes stripped they all think im at the hospital in labor? i know its a form of induction but i wasnt induced!!

tnteaton

Asked by tnteaton at 3:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• some people are retarted....lol they think as soon as u get it done u are just gonna lay down somewhere and out pops the kid!!!!! lol
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• lol i think it just sounds more intense than it really is and thats why people get confused.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 3:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I personally dont know details about why it is done or anything like that, so maybe they're just misinformed. i always assumed it was part of induction, but figured they kept you in the hospital and it took a few hours to get things rolling.
    So what is the reason to have it done?
    Anonymous

• lol..i def agree busymamma..guess none of them heard the part that it takes up to 72 hrs IF it even works! lol
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• anon..to get the best and clear answer, google it.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• i agree with disheveled
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 4:03 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• That's a little funny. Just be patient and let them know that all it does it stimulate the cervix, and half the time it doesn't even work. I went through the same thing with my first pregnancy and it didn't do a thing. It's just the first option before induction. Sometimes I think the doctor does that just to make you think they are doing something to help you along and ease your mind. :) Best wishes for a happy and healthy delivery for you and the baby!
    JunesPearl

Answer by JunesPearl at 5:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2009