• In the Spotlight:

SEX and TEARS???

ok so me n my man just had SEX for the first time since i had the baby and becasue im still trying to schedule appt. for my iud so we used a condom. so we were finished and he took off the CONDOM with his sperm all in it he looked at it and said to me "this could of been one of our kids". it hit me HARD. i all of a sudden burst into tears and felt so bad. i felt like i was rejecting or throwing away what could of been my child. what is WRONG with me? am i weird? please leave any comment to help me better understand why i felt this way.PLEASE!!!

lydiamama

Asked by lydiamama at 3:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• So, it's been, what, just a few months since the baby, right? Honey, you are still full of all those wonderful, crazy-lady-making HORMONES!!! Oh, jeez! I cried at cereal commercials for 6 months after both of my kids!!! He could have said it looked like vanilla pudding and you would have probably burst into tears! It's okay!!! Deep breath and realize that you BOTH made the decision for the condom because you were waiting on your IUD.

(you probably freaked him out, didn't you?...give him a hug and tell him you want chocolate...you'll be fine)
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 3:30 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• That was wrong of him to make you feel that way. I have a hard time with bc for this very reason!! But I know that without bc I would have more kids than I could handle (and that includes going through the pregnancy, I had a really hard time last time and each one has been worse and worse. )
    Anonymous

• well he shouldn't have put it that way to begin with! sperm cannot be a child!!! sperm kinda needs your egg to devolop into a child! if i were you i probably would have slapped him!
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 3:29 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Okay wait a second...You have a baby, right? You're getting ready for an IUD, right? What the hell is wrong with him; does he expect you to become the next Mrs. Duggar or something? I'm sorry, but that was a really stupid thing for him to say, under any circumstances.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 3:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I think he was just joking. I'm pregnant now and yesterday he was joking calling the baby a big wall of sperm blocker. LOL! You are probably just full of emotions from your hormones being so off from just having the baby.
    Anonymous

• Every time he jacks off he kills like 1394857039850713894502738950273895235 of your kids.
    Anonymous

• lol I love the way anon 12:39 put it. But what's wrong with you is all the raging hormones you're still dealing with! You're going to get emotional about a lot of strange things, even months after having the baby. It's totally normal..you're no weirder than the rest of us :-)
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I think the thought of it hit him hard, too. No, there's nothing wrong with you, you are emotional. I think he is, too. You guys should talk about it. It'll be fine!
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• well i know he didnt say it to be mean because when he seen my reaction he was like "i didnt mean for u to cry" and he cuddled me and assured me i didnt need to worry or cry about it. he didnt do it to b a jerk
    lydiamama

Answer by lydiamama at 3:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• lol Mrs. Duggar. It WAS dumb of him to say. I'm pretty sure your hormones are WORSE after the baby than they were when he/she was inside you. You will cry at SO many things! Just like you did when you were pregnant. Its NORMAL!!! And really, don't worry. His little spermys "could've been a baby" while you were pregnant too, but that wasn't about to happen, at least not with you, and I'm SURE not with any other woman! Don't worry honey! Things will get better when you are on BC. The hormones will start to subside sooner!! =] Good luck!!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 4:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2009